Keyword

Gallery Not Showing

More
15 years 2 months ago #68408 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Gallery Not Showing
Hi again. In order to have your galleries displayed you need to use the latest version of SIG Pro. The standard free version of SIG hasn't been updated yet to work with K2. The update for the free version of SIG is coming in the near future.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bryan Smith
  • Bryan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 2 months ago #68409 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic Gallery Not Showing
Hi Lefteris,

Not sure who you were replying to but I'm using SIG Pro v2.0.4 for Joomla! 1.5.x. Joomla 1.5.11

you can see that from the code snippets I've posted.

• Bryan Smith
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 2 months ago #68410 by Bryan Smith
Thanks,

The calendar is a "spud" coming from an external calendar system called Trumba. All Ogden City Organizations have bought into and use Trumba.

Trumba.com

• Bryan Smith
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 2 months ago #68411 by Bryan Smith
If you're using Pro version the first option in the plugin params is where the root gallery folder is.

In my case I've changed this param to be /media/k2/galleries/

• Mauricio González
More
15 years 2 months ago #68412 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic Gallery Not Showing
"the default SIG folder is www.yoursite.com/images/stories/(gallery folders here)"

Does this change if we change the default images folder in our joomla! configuration?

• Mauricio González
More
15 years 2 months ago #68413 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic Gallery Not Showing
Thanks, good to know

• Brandon G. Little
More
15 years 2 months ago #68414 by Brandon G. Little
Replied by Brandon G. Little on topic Gallery Not Showing
i changed the location of the root folder in the file jwsig.php ...... but no luck. photo gallery still won't display.

any ideas???????????

More
15 years 1 month ago #68415 by Belinda Francis
Replied by Belinda Francis on topic Gallery Not Showing
I am having the same problem, plus all tabs except the wysiwyg editor are locked and inaccessible for that item but no others...

SIG Pro v2.0.4 with folder set to /media/k2/galleries/, Joomla 1.5.14, JCE Editor,

All folder permissions are 755

Images are properly uploaded to a folder called /4/Item Name-Here

All I can think of is that having spaces in the item name may be causing the issue, or perhaps JCE editor clash.

More
15 years 1 month ago #68416 by Belinda Francis
Replied by Belinda Francis on topic Gallery Not Showing
The locked tabs have magically unlocked so I was able to upload a new zip file. The gallery takes its name from the name of the zipped folder.

Then I realised that I'd has this problem with another Joomla Gallery - the answer is to hilight all the images in the folder and zip them! When you zip the folder itself the pathway is wrong. The gallery images should be directly in the folder which K2 creates, in this case /4/, and not /4/folder-name...

All the image show fine now!

More
15 years 1 month ago #68417 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic Gallery Not Showing
I'm not sure if this helps but I installed SIG pro and didn't change the default folder pointing to images/stories/gallery and made sure I created a folder named gallery inside /images/stories. Worked fine, so I'm not sure why people are changing to /media/k2/galleries. I should have the site go live around sept. 2 and will post the link here to see it working.

The only issue I had at first was that I could not click on the tabs to upload a gallery. This was fixed by going to the plugin and choosing "slimbox (powered by mootools)" instead of the default "slimbox2 (powered by Jquery). One other site I was installing k2 has issues but I checked the php version and it was using 4.xxx I upgraded to 5.xxx and that worked fine. I think that sometimes we need to look outside of K2 to fix the issues we could be having with K2 because it is just a piece of the Joomla puzzle and they all have to cooperate with each other to work. I hope this points someone on the right direction of getting their problems solved.

Belinda Francis said:The locked tabs have magically unlocked so I was able to upload a new zip file. The gallery takes its name from the name of the zipped folder.
Then I realised that I'd has this problem with another Joomla Gallery - the answer is to hilight all the images in the folder and zip them! When you zip the folder itself the pathway is wrong. The gallery images should be directly in the folder which K2 creates, in this case /4/, and not /4/folder-name...

All the image show fine now!