Keyword

Does it work with Community Builder or JomSocial?

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 2 months ago #68594 by Different Color
Does it work with Community Builder or JomSocial? was created by Different Color
I've seen bits and pieces of discussion on this topic - but I haven't determined if they work together - out of the box. I'd rather use CB - but I'd pay for JomSocial if I had to.

Please excuse the somewhat ignorant questions...I'm volunteering on this website that I'd like to use K2 on and trying not to go through a learning curve and a lot of set-up if it's not going to work! I know Joomla well enough as it is to accomplish my goals without K2 - but it looks like it will be so much better with it!

I'm using it for a local newspaper website that should have a lot of news-like content and also I hope to have several user features installed like message forums, blogs, etc...

I'm slightly concerned though, that I will set-up this website with K2 in mind and I will find out that CB won't work with it, users won't be able to interact, etc...

Incidentally, is there some reason why Fireboard or another message board system won't work when this is installed?

I just want to be sure I don't waste a ton of time learning about K2 and then find out it's not ready to work with a website that's got a lot of user interactivity and other components installed!

Thanks for your time. Truly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #68595 by nauman
Integration of K2 tih CB or JomSocial is A much discussed feature
And i hope in K2 V2 final release there must b some info
:-)

Regards

More
14 years 3 months ago #68596 by sigpro_firsttry
Replied by sigpro_firsttry on topic Does it work with Community Builder or JomSocial?
Hi Martha,

for integration between K2 and Jomsocial you can use the "K2-Items" plugin from Jooblogs (jooblogs.com/) or the "K2-Items in Jomsocial" plugin Styleware (from www.styleware.eu/free-downloads).

Best regards!

More
13 years 5 months ago #68597 by STF Enterprises
Replied by STF Enterprises on topic Does it work with Community Builder or JomSocial?
K2 and Community Builder integration is now possible using a series of files available from JoomlaMagic. See www.joomagic.com/downloads/extensions/cat_view/73-extensions...

With these files your K2 user avatar will be displayed in K2 modules and items. The avatar will link back to the CB profile and if you use the CB Author Tab plugin, the links from articles in CB will route to K2 items. To see a working version of this please go to www.theicpm.com

Please take notice: This is a set of "Hacked" files. These are not plugins. We strongly encourage you to back up the original files before you upload these files through your FTP. With this solution you can use CB login module and CB registration

Overwrite these files with the downloaded filesK2 Component..\components\com_k2\helpers\route.php ..\components\com_k2\models\itemlist.php ..\components\com_k2\templates\default\item.php K2 Module..\modules\mod_k2_content\helper.php

CB Plugin ..\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbmamboauthortab\cb.authortabIf you are starting with a fresh K2 install - follow these additional steps:2) Install plg_user_k2. It will automatically insert users when user registered in CB and will assign to group3) from Back-end , K2 dashboard click "Import Joomla! content " it will import all joomla articles. and CB "my articles" tab will show only K2 articles.

NOTE REGARDING SUPPORT: We hired a Joomlancer to complete this work, so little support is offered. Use at your own risk.