Keyword

Menu Item K2 Tag - Is there any way to control it?

• Bryan Smith
  • Bryan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 2 months ago #69444 by Bryan Smith
Wondering if there are any controls for ordering for tag menu items.

For that matter, where is the layout template found for a tag menu item.

Where are the params for tag menu item.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bryan Smith
  • Bryan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 2 months ago #69445 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic Menu Item K2 Tag - Is there any way to control it?
Ok, I found some of the params for Tag menu links, but don't see anything for order.

The Tag params are on the K2 Dashboard parameters link.

I'm still wondering how order is determined?

More
14 years 8 months ago #69446 by Mike Brogan
Replied by Mike Brogan on topic Menu Item K2 Tag - Is there any way to control it?
Agreed, it would be very nice to have the same control over tag layout as we do with categories.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69447 by bkemler
You can change the tag layout somewhat by editing the generic.php template file. This view is used for the tag view and the author view.

I changed the ordering of the generic view in the code by changing the overall default ordering. To order them with the newest items at the top, in components/com_k2/models/itemlist.php I edited the section to set ordering. I changed the default (line 211 of my file) to:

default:
$orderby = 'i.created DESC';
break;

More
14 years 7 months ago #69448 by aw
How would you change that code so the tag list order is alphabetical?

- aw

B Kemler said:You can change the tag layout somewhat by editing the generic.php template file. This view is used for the tag view and the author view. I changed the ordering of the generic view in the code by changing the overall default ordering. To order them with the newest items at the top, in components/com_k2/models/itemlist.php I edited the section to set ordering. I changed the default (line 211 of my file) to:

default:
$orderby = 'i.created DESC';
break;

More
14 years 5 months ago #69449 by scyllar
Hello Kemler good to know it! I was just looking for info on tag list view. Do you know where to hack around if i want to create an overiding template for the tag view or user view? thanks in advance.

B Kemler said:You can change the tag layout somewhat by editing the generic.php template file. This view is used for the tag view and the author view.

More
13 years 2 months ago #69450 by Carlos Matos
Replied by Carlos Matos on topic Menu Item K2 Tag - Is there any way to control it?
hi m8s

i had the same problem, the lack of ordering options.

So i made a quick-fix to work around the problem and now i can choose any order type.

link for the work around here