Keyword

Disqus comments in k2 items?

• Jesse Dundon
  • Jesse Dundon's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #70870 by Jesse Dundon
Disqus comments in k2 items? was created by Jesse Dundon
Is there a way to integrate disqus comments with k2? This would be awesome. I've seen success and failure messages on this forum, but no clear instructions. If anybody has figured it out please provide a tutorial. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #70871 by Albert
Replied by Albert on topic Disqus comments in k2 items?
"Disqus 2.2 will work on K2 - coming soon" -Joomlaworks twitter

I asked yesterday 9/6/2009

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #70872 by nightshiftcreative.com
Replied by nightshiftcreative.com on topic Disqus comments in k2 items?
Didn't want to make an additional thread regarding this, so I thought I'd bump it.

I installed the Disqus plugin, but have been unable to get the commenting to work on K2. Is there something I might have forgotten to do that might get the comment system up and running?

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #70873 by nightshiftcreative.com
Replied by nightshiftcreative.com on topic Disqus comments in k2 items?
Please disregard my comment. I did not realize Disqus will not be available until 2.2.

Cristina Solana said:Didn't want to make an additional thread regarding this, so I thought I'd bump it.

I installed the Disqus plugin, but have been unable to get the commenting to work on K2. Is there something I might have forgotten to do that might get the comment system up and running?

• Juan Carlos Ceballos
More
14 years 11 months ago #70874 by Juan Carlos Ceballos
Replied by Juan Carlos Ceballos on topic Disqus comments in k2 items?
Thanks Dave, I thought I will have to wait for a new version of K2, I will try your mod.

More
14 years 10 months ago #70875 by Andria Duncan
Replied by Andria Duncan on topic Disqus comments in k2 items?
I have a slightly different problem with this -- I installed Disqus today, which appears to be version 2.1, but now, in my K2 articles, I have duplicate "comment/reaction" things at the bottom of the introtext (on the front page) but, since I turned off, in K2, in the category of this article, the comment/anchor thingie, when you click to go to the actual page of the article, there is no comment/anchor thingie at all. So, how I can prevent the comment/anchor thingie from duplicating in the introtext, and yet leave it present on the article's full text?

Let me reiterate yet again:
WE NEED SOME DOCS FOR THIS THING!!!!!!!!!

And I'm not really sure why I'm even wasting my time to pose this query here, since no one has yet answered any of my others. I guess hope really does spring eternal. *sigh*

More
14 years 10 months ago #70876 by Andria Duncan
Replied by Andria Duncan on topic Disqus comments in k2 items?
I've actually figured this one out, by selecting, in the settings for the Disqus plugin, only those categories/menus which are NOT K2, then changing the setting in the K2_content module to show the comment anchor thingie -- problem solved.

But I'm still waiting to hear from that fellow who mentioned the "45 min video" and "templating docs", to point out to me where I can find these resources. I've seen them mentioned in a couple of spots, but have yet to find them myself. C'mon, can't someone tell me where they're hidden? Please???

Andria Duncan said:I have a slightly different problem with this -- I installed Disqus today, which appears to be version 2.1, but now, in my K2 articles, I have duplicate "comment/reaction" things at the bottom of the introtext (on the front page) but, since I turned off, in K2, in the category of this article, the comment/anchor thingie, when you click to go to the actual page of the article, there is no comment/anchor thingie at all. So, how I can prevent the comment/anchor thingie from duplicating in the introtext, and yet leave it present on the article's full text?
Let me reiterate yet again:
WE NEED SOME DOCS FOR THIS THING!!!!!!!!!

And I'm not really sure why I'm even wasting my time to pose this query here, since no one has yet answered any of my others. I guess hope really does spring eternal. *sigh*

More
14 years 9 months ago #70877 by Allan Kilic
Replied by Allan Kilic on topic Disqus comments in k2 items?
I think I missed somethin... it doesn't work for me...

Dave Marshall said:For those of you wanting to add Disqus.com comments to your K2 it is very easy to implement. After registering and setting up your disqus account you will have two sets of code from disqus. I can not post them here because they are unique to your URL. The first line of code supplied by Disqus which is after this line in the install instructions: 1. Copy and paste the following embed code anywhere into your page.

Copy the code and add it to add to your: components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php
and add the code at around line 576 just before the "div class="clr" tag.

Now you need the JavaScript code from Disqus which is right after this line in the install instructions:

2. Copy the following comment count code and paste it right before the closing "/body" tag.

Add this code to your templates index.php right before the "/body" tag.

Now go to the K2 administration and turn off commenting in the parameters and save. You also need to turn off commenting anchors in the category settings. That's it, you should now have Disqus working with K2. If you want to have a "Recent Comments", "Popular Comments", "Top Commenters" or a combination of all three together, just go to your Disqus account, select the tools tab and set up which selection you need. Now copy the code and add it to a new module of type "Custom HTML". You now have a recent comment mod. Hope this helps someone!

Cheers
Dave

More
14 years 7 months ago #70878 by damo
Replied by damo on topic Disqus comments in k2 items?
sorry to jump in on this - but i've tried the adding of the Disqus code and it doesn't work

basically, i'm just playing, but i like disqus - will it work one day?

More
14 years 6 months ago #70879 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Disqus comments in k2 items?
Dear All,

K2Joom has managed to integrate Disqus into K2 items.
A full guide is available at k2joom.com

Hope you get this working.

Simon
K2Joom.com