Keyword

Tabs & Slides and K2

• Chris Castell
  • Chris Castell's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #71211 by Chris Castell
Tabs & Slides and K2 was created by Chris Castell
Hi

I've just installed K2 - fantastic - does everything (so far) that I need... one wee question though.. I've imported existing Joomla content which makes use of the Tabs and Slides plug in - this doesn't appear to be recognised by K2? or am I missing something???
I'll dig a bit deeper, but just thought i'd ask also...

Loving K2 so far .. and can work round this if necessary as I prefer K2's look to the tabs & slides :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #71212 by John Andon
Replied by John Andon on topic Tabs & Slides and K2
sure it does look here:
tabs and slides

• Chris Castell
  • Chris Castell's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #71213 by Chris Castell
Replied by Chris Castell on topic Tabs & Slides and K2
Thanks for that - pointed me in the right direction... K2 works with Tabs & Slides with *items* (ie articles from Joomla) but not when the content is in the Category description... curious but at least i have a route to go down now.. just requires a bit more re-arranging :)

Actually using the Category description was a bit of a 'work around' in the first place to get Joomla to do what I wanted - I think K2 will do it better !!

More
15 years 1 month ago #71214 by Sunny
Replied by Sunny on topic Tabs & Slides and K2
Dear John,

Could not see the tabs in action on the link provided, i was also trying with tabs & slides as well as 2Jtabs, the tabs do show up, but when clicking on the tabs, the page jumps don to the content in the tab, did you also face such an issue?

John Andon said:sure it does look here: tabs and slides

More
15 years 1 month ago #71215 by John Andon
Replied by John Andon on topic Tabs & Slides and K2
well I moved the article to here:
tabs and slides

also check here for more info

More
15 years 1 week ago #71216 by David Clary
Replied by David Clary on topic Tabs & Slides and K2
It looks like this link is dead, could you repost? I'm interested in your solution.

John Andon said:well I moved the article to here:tabs and slidesalso check here for more info

More
14 years 5 months ago #71217 by Marty Peet
Replied by Marty Peet on topic Tabs & Slides and K2
Has anyone used the JW Tabs and Slides to 'hide' k2 divs? for example, I'd like to display the Additional Information and Comments divs using either a Slide or Tab format. I've tried inserting the {slide=Additional Information} and/or {tab=Additional Information} into the item.php file with no success. Any thoughts/ideas from anyone? Thanks for any assistance out there

More
14 years 5 months ago #71218 by Marty Peet
Just in case anyone is interested. I wanted to use JW Tabs and Slides to 'hide' the k2 Comments and Additional Info divs. Go here to view langritangpa.peet.co.nz/beginners-courses/item/33-foundation-course Click on the View Additional Information and View/Add Item Comments to see it working. I implemented by using the following:

1) I created a k2 template and edited the item.php file adding the following to the file just after the defined or die line
$slide_link = '' ."\n";
$slide_display = '';
$slide_speed = ''; $document->addCustomTag($slide_link);
$document->addCustomTag($slide_display);
$document->addCustomTag($slide_speed);
$document->addScript("template.sin-iqual.com/plugins/content/plugin_jw_ts/tabs_slides_comp.js");
$document->addScript("template.sin-iqual.com/plugins/content/plugin_jw_ts/tabs_slides_def_loader.js");

Obviously, you should change the URLs to suit your own site configuration
2) Found the if statement that displays the Additional Information and Comments blocks and added this after the if statement

View Additional Information

3) Added the following after the end of the block

Hope someone finds it useful

More
14 years 5 months ago #71219 by Marty Peet
WHOOPS!!! forgot about the code stripping thing so my previous comment isn't very helpful, sorry ;-[ I can't find anywhere in this forum component to add an attachment so if anyone wants, send me a message and I'll send the text file with instructions. One other thing, can someone PLEASE tell me how to edit a post once you've sent it with this forum component. I can see that there is an amount of time left for me to edit my post, I just can't find where the heck the link is, thanks in advance...

More
13 years 2 months ago #71220 by rawling
Replied by rawling on topic Tabs & Slides and K2
> View Additional Information

Please update link about this...