Keyword

display items by tag????

• Matthew Elsom
  • Matthew Elsom's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 6 days ago #73159 by Matthew Elsom
display items by tag???? was created by Matthew Elsom
when clicking a tag from the content module or the tag cloud the results are compiled with the title: "Displaying items by tag: ____" however when clicking the exact same tag direct from the item page or from the item on a category page this title is not displayed!!! Any ideas, maybe a template issue - but i cant figure it out.

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 days ago #73160 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic display items by tag????
Hi. Check the current title by viewing the source code of your page in the

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Cornerstone Properties, LLC
More
15 years 3 days ago #73161 by Cornerstone Properties, LLC
Replied by Cornerstone Properties, LLC on topic display items by tag????
I've got a similar issue but have lost all page titles for tag pages. I know that at one point it was correctly displaying the "Displaying items by tag: ...", but now I can't get this on any tag listing! The 'page source' title for the tag listing correctly shows the "Displaying items by tag: ..." but this is not showing in the rendered page for some reason.

More
15 years 1 day ago #73162 by Lefteris
Hi. Check your menu settings about displaying page title. Also check your template. It seems to be a template issue as the page title is set correctly by K2 ( you can see this from the title tag on your page source ).

Jeff Cooper said:I've got a similar issue but have lost all page titles for tag pages. I know that at one point it was correctly displaying the "Displaying items by tag: ...", but now I can't get this on any tag listing! The 'page source' title for the tag listing correctly shows the "Displaying items by tag: ..." but this is not showing in the rendered page for some reason.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Matthew Elsom
More
15 years 1 day ago #73163 by Matthew Elsom
Replied by Matthew Elsom on topic display items by tag????
Ok, checked the settings and I'm displaying the title for tag pages, along with the other pages....

however! You're right Lefteris it is a template issue - the page without the title is missing the "Displaying items by tag: ..." page title. the page with the title does have this in the source. Any ideas as to what code i need to add and to where to get it too display on the titleless pages? the titles are not appearing when tag links are clicked from the catergory and item pages but they are being displayed when clicked form content and tag modules!!

really appreciate your help on this!!

More
15 years 8 hours ago #73164 by Lefteris
Hi. As long as the page title appears in one case and not in the other then it must be a settings problem and not a template. The code that prints the title is:

You should find it inside your template file (generic.php) but my opinion is that something is wrong with your settings and not the template. Please check the code and let me know.

Matthew Elsom said:Ok, checked the settings and I'm displaying the title for tag pages, along with the other pages....
however! You're right Lefteris it is a template issue - the page without the title is missing the "Displaying items by tag: ..." page title. the page with the title does have this in the source. Any ideas as to what code i need to add and to where to get it too display on the titleless pages? the titles are not appearing when tag links are clicked from the catergory and item pages but they are being displayed when clicked form content and tag modules!!

really appreciate your help on this!!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Matthew Elsom
More
14 years 11 months ago #73165 by Matthew Elsom
Replied by Matthew Elsom on topic display items by tag????
sorry but the code snip didnt show up.. could you send it again with spaces or something please....

More
14 years 11 months ago #73166 by Lefteris
Hi. Sorry i didn't notice that. The code is:

echo $this->escape($this->params->get('page_title'));

Matthew Elsom said:sorry but the code snip didnt show up.. could you send it again with spaces or something please....

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
13 years 2 months ago #73167 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic display items by tag????
Is it possible and what file is it located in, to edit the text "Displaying items by tag:" ?

My client wants it to read "Similar products by tag:"

www.primocraft.com/tag/mancave

More
13 years 2 months ago #73168 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic display items by tag????
Well, I found it but, its probably a bad idea to edit this file:

components/com_k2/views/itemlist/view.html.php

line 187

$title = JText::_('Displaying items by tag:').'