Keyword

frontend item delete

• Marco Villa
  • Marco Villa's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #74180 by Marco Villa
frontend item delete was created by Marco Villa
Hi everybody,
I feel so stupid, but I can't understand why a frontend user cannot delete his/her own items, when logged in as a registered author or more...

You can only add/edit items, isn't it?

Missed something, or really it is not enabled in k2?

So, none can delete items from frontend? Or there is a way to?

Thanks everybody for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #74181 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic frontend item delete
Hi. There is no such functionality in K2 yet. We will take this under serious consideration for a future release. Thanks for reporting this but it would be better to post it to the feature request thread. Anyway thanks again for reporting.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #74182 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic frontend item delete
Hi,

This is not the only missing feature for frontend editing:

A publisher skould be able to edit an unpublished item before publishing on the website. As it is for the moment, the user can't even see his/hers own items that were saved but not published. I have searched the forum for a workaround for this problem but I can't find any. And I do need a solution for this. In simple terms: why do not the user front end template view list both published and unpublished items?

A response would be nice. By the way, this is a long awaited enhancement of Joomla. It's great!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. There is no such functionality in K2 yet. We will take this under serious consideration for a future release. Thanks for reporting this but it would be better to post it to the feature request thread. Anyway thanks again for reporting.

More
14 years 7 months ago #74183 by Watch Concierge
Replied by Watch Concierge on topic frontend item delete
Hi, I have had the same problem. My solution has been to modify the itemlist.php. The main query has a published=1 clause on the select statement, various clauses are then added depending on the type of retrieval. I have added a variable to include in the query that retrieves only published items in every case except when the retrieval mode is 'user', in which case it selects everything. This is a 3 line change and it seems to work. The unpublished item is not visible when viewing items in categories and won't show up in searches. When a user clicks on view items, however, he can see and edit the item. Just need to add aflag to the template to show if the item is published or not. I doubt if this change has any far reaching effect on K2 and in any case is really easy to undo. I suppose similar logic can be applied to allowing a delete button. Should be a cut and paste of the admin delete functionality.....

More
14 years 7 months ago #74184 by Watch Concierge
In addition, if you still want all users to see the list of a users items, you don't want the unpublished item to appear to anyone but the author. Add a clause to the setting of the variable for the query that also tests if the current user is the author..!

More
14 years 7 months ago #74185 by Watch Concierge
Hi, further inspection shows that all you need to do is set the trash column in the database to 1 and the item will efectively be deleted. A button can be added to the form that sets the appropriate post param so that it gets updated to 1. The admiistrator can then either restore or permanently delete the item....!

More
14 years 7 months ago #74186 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic frontend item delete
Hi. This feature already exists. When a user is logged in and is viewing his page, then in the list he can also find his unpublished items in order to edit/publish them.

Mats Arvendal said:Hi,
This is not the only missing feature for frontend editing:

A publisher skould be able to edit an unpublished item before publishing on the website. As it is for the moment, the user can't even see his/hers own items that were saved but not published. I have searched the forum for a workaround for this problem but I can't find any. And I do need a solution for this. In simple terms: why do not the user front end template view list both published and unpublished items?

A response would be nice. By the way, this is a long awaited enhancement of Joomla. It's great!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. There is no such functionality in K2 yet. We will take this under serious consideration for a future release. Thanks for reporting this but it would be better to post it to the feature request thread. Anyway thanks again for reporting.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #74187 by Watch Concierge
Hi, perhaps I don't have this functionality because I don't have the login component activated. The user should see unpublished items in any view that cointains any items (inclucing theirs). If browsing items theirs should not only have the edit option but also the published/unpublished option. Whereever a user finds their item this should be so.

More
14 years 7 months ago #74188 by Mats Arvendal
Hi, has this been added in the latest version? This was not possible when I tried out the 2.1 version. Only published items showed up in the frontend user's "My page".
Yours
--Arvendal

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. This feature already exists. When a user is logged in and is viewing his page, then in the list he can also find his unpublished items in order to edit/publish them.Mats Arvendal said:Hi,This is not the only missing feature for frontend editing:A publisher skould be able to edit an unpublished item before publishing on the website. As it is for the moment, the user can't even see his/hers own items that were saved but not published. I have searched the forum for a workaround for this problem but I can't find any. And I do need a solution for this. In simple terms: why do not the user front end template view list both published and unpublished items?A response would be nice. By the way, this is a long awaited enhancement of Joomla. It's great!Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. There is no such functionality in K2 yet. We will take this under serious consideration for a future release. Thanks for reporting this but it would be better to post it to the feature request thread. Anyway thanks again for reporting.

More
14 years 7 months ago #74189 by Mats Arvendal
This feature is working in K2 ver 2.2

--Arvendal