Keyword

Content editor - different images folder for bloggers

• MERINEO
  • MERINEO's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #77899 by MERINEO
Hello everyone,i have one question to K2 content editor. I use Ja Teline III. When blogger add a new item/article, it show a dashboard with tabs as content, image, video, attachments atd.My problem is, i want to set up different image folder in content editor (editor is the same as standard editor in joomla articles) for bloggers and different for standard articles in joomla. Is it possible in K2?Thanks for any help...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77900 by Simon Wells
If I understand you correctly, you wish for each blogger that enters the frontend, to be able to access their own image folder?
K2 can not do this on its own, not even if you use something like JCE with K2 support.

You could set up separate image folders per user that way, but if you want to restrict access between those user folders, it would not do it right out of the box.

If someone else could make a suggestion that would be great, I can see some potential in such a feature.

• MERINEO
  • MERINEO's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #77901 by MERINEO
Hello,
thanks for replie, i dont want set up separate image folders for every user, for me is enaugh to set up one folder for one user group, for example blog image folder for bloggers, sport image folder for sports bloggers etc...

More
14 years 8 months ago #77902 by Simon Wells
Well in that case, you can then create new folders within your Images folder and name them as you wish.
As long as you users know which folder they need to look into.

I would suggest to get the JCE editor as it is free and allows improvements over the standard Joomla Editor. Get both the Editor and Utilities.

Imrich Koval said:Hello, thanks for replie, i dont want set up separate image folders for every user, for me is enaugh to set up one folder for one user group, for example blog image folder for bloggers, sport image folder for sports bloggers etc...

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #77903 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic Content editor - different images folder for bloggers
JCE has the ability to add the $user tag to the default folder, so each user uploads everything to their own folder.

You can use $user, $group or tags like that to define the default folder.

So you could have the default folder set to images/$group and all the "bloggers" would upload to the same folder.

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:If I understand you correctly, you wish for each blogger that enters the frontend, to be able to access their own image folder? K2 can not do this on its own, not even if you use something like JCE with K2 support.

You could set up separate image folders per user that way, but if you want to restrict access between those user folders, it would not do it right out of the box.

If someone else could make a suggestion that would be great, I can see some potential in such a feature.

More
13 years 4 months ago #77904 by shihab asker
nice reply from Mauricio González
yeah that success.just go to jce then groups then click the desired group that u want make its user have their own image folders without access other user folder(notice:you can make all your site users in one group) and then choose second tab (editor parameters) and then go to "File Directory Path"
and write the folder thatyou want it become your root and then write variable that belong to user like $username ,$id,$group,$usertype
example:
images/stories/$usertype/$id
so every user will register and try to upload images or files using jce will access his folder only which will become as example :images/stories/registered/104

More
13 years 2 months ago #77905 by theant
Hi shihab and Mauricio

do this work only for users created after setting?