Keyword

Template? CSS?

More
14 years 7 months ago #78026 by allfive
Replied by allfive on topic Template? CSS?
Thanks for the info on micro theming, K2Joom.

My main site is not K2. Can I assign a new K2 template to just a section of the site? IOW, can a section-assigned K2 template work nice with a default non-K2 configured template, or must the whole site work as K2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78027 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Template? CSS?
Hi Don,

You can have both Joomla Articles and K2 Items on your site, but you would not be able to mix the content, i.e. you have a K2 content module displayed but it wont display Joomla articles and vice versa, or Joomla Article menu pointing to Joomla content only, it wont display K2 items.
Essentially, your site does not ave to be all Joomla or K2, but if you can import all your sections, categories and articles in to the new K2 content, then it is worth trying.

Doing this will not affect the front side of your site.
Your Joomla content remains in tact, it is just copied and transferred to K2.
You can test this quite easily and safely and once imported, just create yourself a menu link assigned to special so only super admin can see it, point it to a K2 category and take a look on the front side.
Of course, there are a lot of parameters within K2 that will need to be adjusted, but at least you will be able to see your content with K2.

K2 handles content a little different to Joomla.
Joomla, you have Sections, then categories then Articles, this is limiting.
K2, you have just categories and items, but the categories can be nested.

Each of the K2 categories can be appointed it own K2 micro theme, so if you run a blog with a couple of contributors, the main Joomla template remains the same, but you could assign a different K2 template to each user, either so that the layout stays the same but colours change or vice versa.

This is a much more flexible approach than assigning other templates to menu items or have to do complex css switching.

Hope that helps.

Let me know.

K2Joom.com

Don Schaefer said:Thanks for the info on micro theming, K2Joom. My main site is not K2. Can I assign a new K2 template to just a section of the site? IOW, can a section-assigned K2 template work nice with a default non-K2 configured template, or must the whole site work as K2?

• Anthony
  • Anthony's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78028 by Anthony
Replied by Anthony on topic Template? CSS?
Wow!! Thank you so much K2joom for you support... I am just getting lost with this component :(

Really I would like to use K2 for everything I just cant seem to get it to do what I want. Really I have stopped trying till I can figure out how to fix my pagination issues as the site is live. community.getk2.org/forum/topics/pagenation-issues?xg_source=activity

I am simply a beginner at css and dont want to fully integrate until know it will all work.

More
14 years 5 months ago #78029 by allfive
Replied by allfive on topic Template? CSS?
Thanks for the detailed info, k2joom, and thanks for a great site over at k2joom. Actually, having the K2 content separate from the regular content is exactly what I need. I have yet to dig in, but will be doing that very soon.

More
13 years 5 months ago #78030 by nfs
Replied by nfs on topic Template? CSS?
I know this is an old thread but I recently installed K2 on my Dominion theme also and was wondering the same thing. How do you get the K2 documents to be wrapped with the Dominion theme container?

Currently all documents appear flush to the body background and has no container at all.

Thanks!