Keyword

Comments not showing reCaptcha

• Mizael FAUCON
  • Mizael FAUCON's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78178 by Mizael FAUCON
Comments not showing reCaptcha was created by Mizael FAUCON
Hi, I've got a problem with the comments. I have allowed reCaptcha to work in the K2 parameters, but it doesn't show (thus the 2 words are asked).If I don't use reCaptcha, the site is spammed, and if I use it, well, no one can comment...Here is the site: www.2dattitude.org (yes, it's in french!).Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78179 by Pomba
Replied by Pomba on topic Comments not showing reCaptcha
Bump. Same problem!

• Zonegig Design, LLC
More
14 years 7 months ago #78180 by Zonegig Design, LLC
Replied by Zonegig Design, LLC on topic Comments not showing reCaptcha
Just out of curiosity, when you enabled ReCaptcha did you sign up with ReCaptcha and obtain the public and private ReCaptch keys and fill them in form the backend parameters?

More
14 years 7 months ago #78181 by Pomba
Replied by Pomba on topic Comments not showing reCaptcha
Thank you Bill. Obviously I hadn't :p

• Mizael FAUCON
  • Mizael FAUCON's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78182 by Mizael FAUCON
Replied by Mizael FAUCON on topic Comments not showing reCaptcha
Hi Bill,
Yes, and everything was working fine... until it doesn't (and I changed nothing). It just broke suddenly.

Bill Borque said:Just out of curiosity, when you enabled ReCaptcha did you sign up with ReCaptcha and obtain the public and private ReCaptch keys and fill them in form the backend parameters?

More
14 years 7 months ago #78183 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Comments not showing reCaptcha
Hi Mizael,

I am looking into this problem, but have you disabled comments on the site at the moment?
may be you could send a link?

Also, just to let you know, I have been trying the translate buttons at the bottom of your site, but English does not work and the others then show no css styling.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

• Zonegig Design, LLC
More
14 years 7 months ago #78184 by Zonegig Design, LLC
Replied by Zonegig Design, LLC on topic Comments not showing reCaptcha
Sorry Mizael, but I don't speak French and I was unable to find comments turned on anywhere on the K2 articles.

One additional suggestion is to make sure that the Domain Name at ReCaptch is absolutely correct. I had the domain wrong one time and spent a week tracking down the issue, only to find it was not K2, or the template, or Joomla, it was me having the wrong domain name associated with the ReCaptcha keys (I was developing several sites with K2 and using ReCaptcha at the same time).

More
14 years 6 months ago #78185 by Jasperisu
Replied by Jasperisu on topic Comments not showing reCaptcha
I have the same problem. It is now the reason im thinking to use Jomcomment instead, for the time being..

I signed up with ReCaptcha and obtained the public and private ReCaptch keys and filled them in in the backend parameters of K2.
K2 comments asks: fill in the 2 words you see... - but there's nothing to see there

K2 uses a new white page with some text to tell the user that some mandatory fields were missing in the comments? Too bad :s

More
14 years 6 months ago #78186 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Comments not showing reCaptcha
Hi. K2 uses reCAPTCHA and not a white page. Please check your setup again and also ensure that you are not getting any script errors preventing K2 from working as it should.

Jasperisu said:I have the same problem. It is now the reason im thinking to use Jomcomment instead, for the time being..
I signed up with ReCaptcha and obtained the public and private ReCaptch keys and filled them in in the backend parameters of K2.
K2 comments asks: fill in the 2 words you see... - but there's nothing to see there

K2 uses a new white page with some text to tell the user that some mandatory fields were missing in the comments? Too bad :s

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #78187 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Comments not showing reCaptcha
I'm having the same problem.  I believe my problem is a TEMPLATE ISSUE - because it DOES work with JAPurity.  Any ideas what would be causing this issue with my template?  

behrcommunications.com/blog/item/1-communications-audits