Keyword

K2 Auto Categories and Auto Articles

More
14 years 2 months ago #78416 by Markus Thiel
Replied by Markus Thiel on topic K2 Auto Categories and Auto Articles
Any idea what could the problem could be?

Markus Thiel said:hmm also I noticed that my earlier template override on the mod_k2_content no longer work...? Or am I doing something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #78417 by Markus Thiel
I have the file in "/templates/mytemplate/html/mod_k2_content/Default/default.php"

Markus Thiel said:Any idea what could the problem could be?
Markus Thiel said:hmm also I noticed that my earlier template override on the mod_k2_content no longer work...? Or am I doing something wrong?

More
14 years 2 months ago #78418 by Ron Farber
Replied by Ron Farber on topic K2 Auto Categories and Auto Articles
Im having a different issue with this. I love the idea, however, if I manually create a side menu with the sub categories which is a pain, I can assign a template to the results and also use the K2 leading , primary, secondary settings.

With this, I get a generic category listing layout (which I would love to know how to make 1 column, and play with the leading , primary, secondary image sizes, etc...

is this possible. Is there a place where I can adjust the default K2 category leading items, primary items, etc... to say "if I dont specify anything, do this for my default layout options". Also, interestingly enough, if I place this menu on the main category, and the results come up displaying my sub-category results when someone clicks one of these links generated automatically, the menu is not displayed on those subcategory results to go to another person (subcategory). I am not given the option to place this menu on those auto generated menu items beforehand, since there is no hard menu item for it. It only shows on the one page I place it on originally. Not everything "under" that.

Additionally, when an automenu reaches a user configurable length (i.e. 20 items or 30 items or even 100) it could automatically be set to display the select box option instead so the categories can fit in a reasonable amount of space (since you are using people in your categories, what if you have 500 people?)

More
14 years 2 months ago #78419 by Ron Farber
Replied by Ron Farber on topic K2 Auto Categories and Auto Articles
oops my bad, I had hard menu items for the subcategories set up previously, so maybe thats why it didnt display on them automatically. Checking into that now..

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #78420 by Markus Thiel
There seems to be some bugs with the category select box... it dosen´t allways show the correct category when viewing an article.. ? any ideas on my?

More
14 years 1 week ago #78421 by Markus Thiel
Feel free to test it on www.charterbarometern.se
Seem as there is an ItemID problem.. :/

Markus Thiel said:There seems to be some bugs with the category select box... it dosen´t allways show the correct category when viewing an article.. ? any ideas on my?

More
14 years 5 days ago #78422 by Markus Thiel
I think this is the same "bug" as the content module has... It wont get the correct itemid... :(

Markus Thiel said:There seems to be some bugs with the category select box... it dosen´t allways show the correct category when viewing an article.. ? any ideas on my?

More
14 years 1 day ago #78423 by Markus Thiel
Is this something that will be fixed in upcoming versions of K2? if not I think i will have to search for an alternativ :/

Markus Thiel said:I think this is the same "bug" as the content module has... It wont get the correct itemid... :(

More
13 years 11 months ago #78424 by Guy Borghouts
Replied by Guy Borghouts on topic K2 Auto Categories and Auto Articles
Hey Omar,
Thanks a lot for a great contribution! I'm looking for this kinda stuff quite some time... The automatic menu is a big time saver for editors and they don't have to hassle with menu's.
Cheers,
Guy

More
13 years 10 months ago #78425 by Markus Thiel
is there some way to also show the parent category? Would make it alot better if you could navigate back :)