Keyword

Problem using Google maps in K2

More
13 years 9 months ago #80442 by Depaul Snossis
Replied by Depaul Snossis on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
THE ANSWER TO ALL OF THis is (in my case).....change the load with mootools to Timeinterval
this is what i did as well as the .css changeNick Texidor said:I know you asked Lorne, Mark, but I thought I'd chime in with an answer. I'm sure Lorne will provide more details though.
I believe there are two options currently:

1) Using the K2 Fields plugin. I believe this works in conjunction with the GoogleMaps Plugin available on JED. You create an Extra Field of map type, where you can specify the latitude and longitude of the location, and the K2 Item uses the GoogleMaps plugin to create the map with the marker on it on the Item page.

2) Using the K2 Maps plugin. This is the method I used. You simply install and enabled the K2 Maps plugin, and it adds some extra input fields underneath the Item text. When the Item is then displayed via the front end, a map is displayed under the extra fields. You can see the K2 Maps plugin in action over on a site I'm currently putting together for a client, www.gatorglob.com, just click on any of the restaurants in the drop down in the left hand side. I have no affiliation with the developer of the K2 Maps plugin, except for fixing a few small issues with it for him, however as mentioned earlier, I'm currently just finishing up development of a K2 Maps Module, which you can see on the home page of the aforementioned site, which dynamically plots all the co-ordinates for items in a category. What I might do, if I get the time, is see whether it's possible for me to extend this K2 Maps Module to work with the K2 Fields option mentioned above. That way, you can choose either plugin to specify the co-ordinates and still have a dynamically updated map of all locations.

I hope you don't mind me stepping into your conversation!

N

Mark Banks said:@ Lorne - what steps did you have to take to enable the Google Map plugin to work with K2 and show the maps in the articles? regards, Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #80443 by Depaul Snossis
Replied by Depaul Snossis on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
change the mootolls to the "not" mootools option in the plug in parameters Nick Texidor said:I know you asked Lorne, Mark, but I thought I'd chime in with an answer. I'm sure Lorne will provide more details though.
I believe there are two options currently:

1) Using the K2 Fields plugin. I believe this works in conjunction with the GoogleMaps Plugin available on JED. You create an Extra Field of map type, where you can specify the latitude and longitude of the location, and the K2 Item uses the GoogleMaps plugin to create the map with the marker on it on the Item page.

2) Using the K2 Maps plugin. This is the method I used. You simply install and enabled the K2 Maps plugin, and it adds some extra input fields underneath the Item text. When the Item is then displayed via the front end, a map is displayed under the extra fields. You can see the K2 Maps plugin in action over on a site I'm currently putting together for a client, www.gatorglob.com, just click on any of the restaurants in the drop down in the left hand side. I have no affiliation with the developer of the K2 Maps plugin, except for fixing a few small issues with it for him, however as mentioned earlier, I'm currently just finishing up development of a K2 Maps Module, which you can see on the home page of the aforementioned site, which dynamically plots all the co-ordinates for items in a category. What I might do, if I get the time, is see whether it's possible for me to extend this K2 Maps Module to work with the K2 Fields option mentioned above. That way, you can choose either plugin to specify the co-ordinates and still have a dynamically updated map of all locations.

N

Mark Banks said:@ Lorne - what steps did you have to take to enable the Google Map plugin to work with K2 and show the maps in the articles? regards, Mark

• ATHANASIOS ILIOPOULOS
More
13 years 5 months ago #80444 by ATHANASIOS ILIOPOULOS
Replied by ATHANASIOS ILIOPOULOS on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
Hello guys...

Though i am new to K2 i think that it is a great, well designed component. In my site i am using google maps (Google Maps plugin) extensively so it is quite pitty for my that K2 items appear to be buggy when there is a google map loaded into an item.

I will try the solution proposed in this thread however i think that K2 developers should fix this bug.

More
13 years 5 months ago #80445 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
hi all was this ever resolved?

I changed my com/k2 css bg and in the template file, still showing no transparency on the marker on the google map,

When I look at firebug, i can see a background value of #ffffff at the line I have deleted in the template css file, odd

P

More
13 years 5 months ago #80446 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
Tried that and the css still white shadow for me ;-)

Depaul Snossis said:
change the mootolls to the "not" mootools option in the plug in parameters Nick Texidor said:I know you asked Lorne, Mark, but I thought I'd chime in with an answer. I'm sure Lorne will provide more details though. I believe there are two options currently:

N

Mark Banks said:
@ Lorne - what steps did you have to take to enable the Google Map plugin to work with K2 and show the maps in the articles? regards, Mark

• ATHANASIOS ILIOPOULOS
More
13 years 5 months ago #80447 by ATHANASIOS ILIOPOULOS
Replied by ATHANASIOS ILIOPOULOS on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
for me the hack worked fine! i changed the css code in k2.css file into my template subdirectory not in the component...