Keyword

Front End Article Submission?

More
14 years 4 months ago #80505 by Joseph Bunga
Replied by Joseph Bunga on topic Front End Article Submission?
Hey Guys - if you enable the K2 login module it seems to give you the add item option

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #80506 by Make Good MEdia
Replied by Make Good MEdia on topic Front End Article Submission?
1, Create a menu with k2 submission

2, Publish the menu to whateva position you want.

All your answers are in the menu config.

More
14 years 3 months ago #80507 by Alex Jonk
Replied by Alex Jonk on topic Front End Article Submission?
Thanks Steve but how and where do we get this so called K2 Submission module? it is not in the package nor on JED, please help since I really need this feature.

Steve Karol said:1, Create a menu with k2 submission
2, Publish the menu to whateva position you want.

All your answers are in the menu config.

More
14 years 2 months ago #80508 by bushie
Replied by bushie on topic Front End Article Submission?
This post seems to have died without a good explanation of how exactly to do this. With a Joomla article, it is so simple, there is a menu item. But for K2 there is not.

If I read correctly, the linking of an item so there will be a link off that item to add an item is simply asking for trouble if trying to explain to a user.

A nice plain english explanation of how to do this in a comparable fashion to the Submit Article for a straight Joomla site would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

More
14 years 2 months ago #80509 by Make Good MEdia
Ric Raftis said:This post seems to have died without a good explanation of how exactly to do this. With a Joomla article, it is so simple, there is a menu item. But for K2 there is not.
If I read correctly, the linking of an item so there will be a link off that item to add an item is simply asking for trouble if trying to explain to a user.

A nice plain english explanation of how to do this in a comparable fashion to the Submit Article for a straight Joomla site would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

LOL, Ok,...First it won't work till you publish the k2 user menu.

Its very SIMPLE Go to your Module Manager.

and enable K2 login module. "publish it to a place of your choice"

Go to the frontend and testdrive it

Hope this solves it in plain English

More
14 years 2 months ago #80510 by Alex Jonk
As far as Im concerned this was not to my satisfaction. What is not mentioned here is that you need authorisation through the K2 user tab. That is a very important step!

Steve Karol said:Ric Raftis said:This post seems to have died without a good explanation of how exactly to do this. With a Joomla article, it is so simple, there is a menu item. But for K2 there is not. If I read correctly, the linking of an item so there will be a link off that item to add an item is simply asking for trouble if trying to explain to a user.

Cheers,

More
14 years 2 months ago #80511 by Make Good MEdia
Keep test-driving k2 once you get the hang of it, you won't use anything else.
:)

Alex Jonk said:As far as Im concerned this was not to my satisfaction. What is not mentioned here is that you need authorisation through the K2 user tab. That is a very important step!
Steve Karol said:Ric Raftis said:This post seems to have died without a good explanation of how exactly to do this. With a Joomla article, it is so simple, there is a menu item. But for K2 there is not. If I read correctly, the linking of an item so there will be a link off that item to add an item is simply asking for trouble if trying to explain to a user. A nice plain english explanation of how to do this in a comparable fashion to the Submit Article for a straight Joomla site would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

More
14 years 2 months ago #80512 by Alex Jonk
So true!

Steve Karol said:Keep test-driving k2 once you get the hang of it, you won't use anything else. :)

Alex Jonk said:As far as Im concerned this was not to my satisfaction. What is not mentioned here is that you need authorisation through the K2 user tab. That is a very important step! Steve Karol said:Ric Raftis said:This post seems to have died without a good explanation of how exactly to do this. With a Joomla article, it is so simple, there is a menu item. But for K2 there is not. If I read correctly, the linking of an item so there will be a link off that item to add an item is simply asking for trouble if trying to explain to a user. A nice plain english explanation of how to do this in a comparable fashion to the Submit Article for a straight Joomla site would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

More
14 years 2 months ago #80513 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Front End Article Submission?
Unfortunately, I have not finished writing up documents for this on simon.getk2.org.
If anyone wishes to contribute and write a guide, then just sign up and login, as I have already assigned all registered users with item creation ability.

OK, this involves a couple of
steps, so I will start of with the basic blocks.
You will need to have some categories created so that you can assign the user groups to them.

Create User Group
Set permissions for User Group
Assign Users to the User Group
Publish a K2 Login to the site.

Thats the basics, let me elaborate a little more on each.

Create a User Group
As default, K2 ships with two user groups, Registered and Site Owner, which have a different set of privileges each.
Assign yourself to Site Owner.
If you import your Joomla users, then additional copies will be also be transferred, they will be named accordingly.

Create a new Group, give it a name.
Set the privileges you wish, these are:

Post comments No Yes
Front-end item editing No Yes
Add items No Yes
Edit own items No Yes
Edit any item No Yes
Publish items No Yes

Then you can specify which Categories and sub categories that this group can access.

Go through your users and assign them to the required user group.

If your using the default joomla login, you will need to swap it for the mod_k2_login.

Finally, check you K2 parameters.

Enable frontend editing (disabled always if Joom!Fish is installed and enabled) No Yes

Image tab on edit form Hide Show
Image gallery tab on edit form Hide Show
Video tab on edit form Hide Show
'Extra fields' tab on edit form Hide Show
Attachments tab on edit form Hide Show
K2 plugin fields on edit form Hide Show

Now, when a user goes to the front end, logs in and has the correct user level, they will see a Add a New Item link. Did you know you can change that labels via the userblock.php?

How does this work in real life?
Well, your online Car Review Magazine has just converted to K2.
You already have categories set for hatchbacks, estates, sports, convertibles, MPV's etc.
Create User Groups with the same name, helps keep it relevant and easy to identify.
Set the access such as create new item and edit own item.
Assign your content writers to the relevant group.

Thats pretty much it.

Hope that helps, feel free to comment back.

Regards,

Simon Wells
K2 Support
K2Joom

More
14 years 2 months ago #80514 by bushie
Replied by bushie on topic Front End Article Submission?
Fantastic Simon. Thanks very much for explaining that all so well. I now have it working on my site.

Cheers,

Ric

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Unfortunately, I have not finished writing up documents for this on simon.getk2.org. If anyone wishes to contribute and write a guide, then just sign up and login, as I have already assigned all registered users with item creation ability.

OK, this involves a couple of
steps, so I will start of with the basic blocks.
You will need to have some categories created so that you can assign the user groups to them.

Create User Group
Set permissions for User Group
Assign Users to the User Group
Publish a K2 Login to the site.

Thats the basics, let me elaborate a little more on each.

Create a User Group
As default, K2 ships with two user groups, Registered and Site Owner, which have a different set of privileges each.
Assign yourself to Site Owner.
If you import your Joomla users, then additional copies will be also be transferred, they will be named accordingly.

Create a new Group, give it a name.
Set the privileges you wish, these are:

Post comments No Yes
Front-end item editing No Yes
Add items No Yes
Edit own items No Yes
Edit any item No Yes
Publish items No Yes

Then you can specify which Categories and sub categories that this group can access.

Go through your users and assign them to the required user group.

If your using the default joomla login, you will need to swap it for the mod_k2_login.

Finally, check you K2 parameters.

Enable frontend editing (disabled always if Joom!Fish is installed and enabled) No Yes

Image tab on edit form Hide Show
Image gallery tab on edit form Hide Show
Video tab on edit form Hide Show
'Extra fields' tab on edit form Hide Show
Attachments tab on edit form Hide Show
K2 plugin fields on edit form Hide Show

Now, when a user goes to the front end, logs in and has the correct user level, they will see a Add a New Item link. Did you know you can change that labels via the userblock.php?

How does this work in real life?
Well, your online Car Review Magazine has just converted to K2.
You already have categories set for hatchbacks, estates, sports, convertibles, MPV's etc.
Create User Groups with the same name, helps keep it relevant and easy to identify.
Set the access such as create new item and edit own item.
Assign your content writers to the relevant group.

Thats pretty much it.

Hope that helps, feel free to comment back.

Regards,

Simon Wells
K2 Support
K2Joom