Keyword

Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84497 by Nick
Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6 was created by Nick
Anyway to install k2 on joomla 1.6 I'm trying to test some stuff out but when i installed it i first got an error, then it supposedly installed successfully but it doesn't appear in the content menu...Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84498 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
While Joomla! 1.6 is in a beta phase, we will not make official and development copies that work with it. Once Joomla! 1.6 goes "RC" we will release a related version of K2. Please avoid developing production websites with Joomla! 1.6 as it's still work in progress and may change significantly on the way to a stable release.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84499 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
hmm ok thanks for your help :)

yo so when can i tag categories (since ur already "here" and i have been begging for such a function since it's release)

More
13 years 10 months ago #84500 by Mark Schultz
Replied by Mark Schultz on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
With a 1.6 RC candidate looming, can you give us an update on the K2 compatibility release? thanks.

JoomlaWorks said:While Joomla! 1.6 is in a beta phase, we will not make official and development copies that work with it. Once Joomla! 1.6 goes "RC" we will release a related version of K2. Please avoid developing production websites with Joomla! 1.6 as it's still work in progress and may change significantly on the way to a stable release.

More
13 years 9 months ago #84501 by TTom911
Replied by TTom911 on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
As posted on the Joomla.org website, the RC1 seems to be imminent (mid December RC1 release date) and only the final known bugs are being fixed. Hence I doubt that there will be "major changes" between current beta14 and the (most likely) next following RC1.

Can you give us an estimate realistic timeframe (are we talking days or weeks months months) until a 1.6 compliant K2 component can be made available?

We are just about to start development on an extension which is based on K2 and hence would like to know which direction to go.

Thanks

Mark Schultz said:With a 1.6 RC candidate looming, can you give us an update on the K2 compatibility release? thanks.
JoomlaWorks said:While Joomla! 1.6 is in a beta phase, we will not make official and development copies that work with it. Once Joomla! 1.6 goes "RC" we will release a related version of K2. Please avoid developing production websites with Joomla! 1.6 as it's still work in progress and may change significantly on the way to a stable release.

More
13 years 9 months ago #84502 by Flint Stone
Replied by Flint Stone on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
I also need some info on this. I will start developing a new website and I'm considering going for joomla 1.6 with k2.

Some other popular extensions I consider using(such as community builder and jomsocial) already can be installed on joomla1.6. K2 would make a great addition to them :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #84503 by mastafu
Replied by mastafu on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
As of yesterday Joomla 1.6 RC1 is publicly availabe, so how about K2 for Joomla 1.6 ?

Cheers,

Peter

JoomlaWorks said:

While Joomla! 1.6 is in a beta phase, we will not make official and development copies that work with it. Once Joomla! 1.6 goes "RC" we will release a related version of K2. Please avoid developing production websites with Joomla! 1.6 as it's still work in progress and may change significantly on the way to a stable release.

More
13 years 8 months ago #84504 by mastafu
Looks like either K2 project is dead or Dev team is ignorant to forum users and their questions. Is it so difficult to just say something about release date of K2 for Joomla 1.6 ?

Dissapointed, K2 user

mastafu said:

As of yesterday Joomla 1.6 RC1 is publicly availabe, so how about K2 for Joomla 1.6 ?

Cheers,

Peter

JoomlaWorks said:

• BNR Investment Group
More
13 years 8 months ago #84505 by BNR Investment Group
Replied by BNR Investment Group on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
I would imagine it has a lot more to do with RC coming right in the middle of the holiday season. with everyone taking time off for the holiday and the end of the year looming it is probably going to be next week before things get back to normal. Be patient, the service is exceedingly good for the price.

mastafu said:
Looks like either K2 project is dead or Dev team is ignorant to forum users and their questions. Is it so difficult to just say something about release date of K2 for Joomla 1.6 ?

Dissapointed, K2 user

More
13 years 8 months ago #84506 by mastafu
I am patient and I don't make a fuss. It's almost a month since I asked simple question, to which all you have to do is just reply. I don't expect they have product ready to release. I just wanted to get the answer, mainly because I have some projects to do.

The interesting part is that JoomlaWorks said in this thread that once RC is out, they will deliver K2 for it ...
Brent Friar said:

I would imagine it has a lot more to do with RC coming right in the middle of the holiday season. with everyone taking time off for the holiday and the end of the year looming it is probably going to be next week before things get back to normal. Be patient, the service is exceedingly good for the price.
mastafu said:

Dissapointed, K2 user