Keyword

Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6

More
13 years 8 months ago #84517 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
FYI: Fotis said on Twitter that "K2 for 1.6 will be ready early Feb 2011"

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

In another tweet he also mentioned that Joomlaworks would be releasing many new things in January so no, development is not dead.

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #84518 by Edu Cantero
Replied by Edu Cantero on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
I am going to create a new website and I'd like to know if k2 for joomla 1.6 is going to be released soon. I know that I can just create it in joomla 1.5 and then migrate it to joomla 1.6 but would be better if I just wait (if it's only 10-30 days) as I would have to change all the other components and modules too to the new version of joomla.

Does anybody know something about this?

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 8 months ago #84519 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
don't move to 1.6 if you are new to joomla and such. I'd wait around a couple of months for it to become stable and have enough extensions for you to use.

Edu Cantero said:
I am going to create a new website and I'd like to know if k2 for joomla 1.6 is going to be released soon. I know that I can just create it in joomla 1.5 and then migrate it to joomla 1.6 but would be better if I just wait (if it's only 10-30 days) as I would have to change all the other components and modules too to the new version of joomla.

More
13 years 8 months ago #84520 by Rob Porter
Replied by Rob Porter on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
It depends on the components. While usually "waiting for it to be stable" might be prudent, since the beta process was so thorough that only one release candidate was necessary I would worry more about the stability of the components than the platform itself. If the components you are using state that they support 1.6, then you're probably in the clear. If not, might be best to wait a few days if you can.

Edu Cantero said:

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 8 months ago #84521 by Nick
dunno about what you call stable, but joomla 1.5 got stable at around 1.5.9

More
13 years 8 months ago #84522 by Scott Malestorm
Replied by Scott Malestorm on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
I've been playing around with 1.6 release and it seems stable... but of course the problem is that few extensions are ready.    I was fairly impressed by Joomlart's effort to be ready with some of their templates and extensions today.    Certainly extension vendors that move fastest will get a good marketing bump.

As for K2, instead of asking for a release date commitment, I actually would like a K2 statement of directions.    With its nested catagories support, a lot in Joomla 1.6 changes.     Besides adding field groups for catagories, what else will K2 be doing to extend Joomla 1.6 functionality?   A statement of direction would help loyal K2 users plan for the future (as I currently have a new website to development and feel stuck.)

More
13 years 8 months ago #84523 by Edu Cantero
Replied by Edu Cantero on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
Thank you for all your answers.

I've thinking about using Joomla 1.6 but I have realised that there are still few components and modules to use with. As it is said that will be easy to migrate all K2 information to Joomla 1.6 I will use Joomla 1.5 by now. I like the way K2 can be used (extra fields works like having a articles templates in Joomla what makes it really helpful to me). Tags are really useful too.

(Scott, Yootheme has also updated 19 templates to Joomla 1.6)

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 8 months ago #84524 by Nick
your perception of something being stable is much different than that of mine. Something that is stable is relatively bug free and bugs aren't found with just "using" the software... then you can go and call the alpha stable. A stable release is something that is not exploitable.

More
13 years 8 months ago #84525 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
See my post earlier in this thread...

Alan said:
Is there any information yet on K2 for 1.6? Things seems rather quiet on that front...

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 8 months ago #84526 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
There is word that K2 for J1.6 could be available in February, as over heard by JW on Twitter.I am waiting to get some time to speak with the team to try and get some information which can be shared with the K2 community. 

Like all K2 users I too would love to get on and use it, but as J1.6 has only just been released and there are still alot of major extensions still not 1.6 ready, I am going to sit and wait it out.

K2 completely opened up the way content can be created using Joomla and there are some similarities within 1.6.I would much prefer to stay stable and use 1.5.22 and 2.41 for now and wait to get a feature rich, improved version of K2 which plays nice in 1.6.

Regards,

SimonK2 Support