Keyword

Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6

• Peter
  • Imagination is your only limitation
More
13 years 8 months ago #84527 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
I'm incredibly glad that I've been using K2 for just about all of the websites that we have built in 2010. 

I can see it possibly being easier to upgrade from J1.5 + k2 to J1.6 + k2 as K2 is a layer on top of Joomla with its own database tables and configuration.

Fingers crossed and looking forward to the release in Feb sometime.

Imagination is your only limitation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #84528 by Garth P Sang
Replied by Garth P Sang on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
As a newcomer to Joomla! and K2, from a design background, but with enough grey matter to develope sites by cutting up someone else's code and modifying joomla's core templates, I must say K2 has been a great help.

I love the ability to "hack" K2 so I can get my leading graphic above my titles; Important for magazine sites – see CaribbeanIcon.com – tried for months with Joomla then discovered K2 and after poking around figured out how to move the parts of K2 renderings around.

I hope K2 for 1.6 maintains much of this functionality. Us none-programmrs need something we can easily modify to fit our designs without adding complexity and K2 has fit the bill for me.

Give the guys some space, I'm sure they realise we are eager to get our hands on the new version, but hurry up you guys!

…and Thanks.

More
13 years 8 months ago #84529 by sr77in
Replied by sr77in on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
I hope K2 team is developing for Joomla 1.6.  I already started a minor development with J1.6 and can't afford to miss K2.  All the best K2 developers , Come up with something mind blowing.

Shine.R

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
13 years 8 months ago #84530 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
I hope that the K2 team is  going to release the next version  in the next few weeks :)

More
13 years 6 months ago #84531 by g.pasko
Replied by g.pasko on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
No news?It's march guys and girls :)

More
13 years 6 months ago #84532 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
There have been several announcements on K2 and 1.6.Please read the official announcement community.getk2.org/profiles/blogs/k2-moving-forward

Simon

K2 Support 

More
13 years 6 months ago #84533 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
It does make a lot of sense really to wait as there are still alot of major extensions that are not yet 1.6 native.

For me, I could not convert any of my sites to 1.6 becuase of so many still at 1.5.

Converting templates is easy stuff, but complex extensions such as K2, is not.

J!1.5 and K2 v2.4 are stable.For me there is little point to try and rush on production sites to go to 1.6, but thats just my choice.

We will be informed in due course.

SimonK2 Support 

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #84534 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
tl;dr

From what i understand you really want K2 on joomla 1.6. What i DON'T understand is why? Ok ok joomla 1.6 has ACL. Big deal. That's the only difference that there is currently. Plus converting a component that is basically a CMS in itself that kind of mimics joomla 1.6 is not an easy task. The developers want to release something better than what joomla 1.6 has to offer and not just some port of what joomla 1.6 already can do. Plus the integration with ACL is a tough job.

So you need to chill your nips and stay with joomla 1.5 I really don't understand why people want to jump to 1.6 so fast.

More
13 years 6 months ago #84535 by Rob Porter
Replied by Rob Porter on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
My concern here is that a year ago questions about k2 and 1.6 were responded to with "we're waiting for the release candidate".. waiting for RC became waiting for release, which became waiting for a month for a response after release...

So, is K2 going to be a 1.5 Joomla only, and never go up in version? No indicator has been said about supporting 1.7 at all, from what I've seen.

I was hoping to build my next extension with K2 support, but would seem a bit wasteful for developing for an old Joomla version that will be depreciated relatively soon.

More
13 years 4 months ago #84536 by pedrox
Replied by pedrox on topic Can't install K2 on joomla 1.6
Does Joomla 2.0 will have all the features of K2 ?Still make sense to install k2 ?