Keyword

Tweet this in Social Sharing bar...

More
14 years 1 month ago #87072 by farid
Hello,I recently modified the "Tweet This" option to appear in the social sharing list. Unfortunately it doesnt appear in all templates... actually the link is there but the twitter image is missing. How can i fix this?Thanks :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #87073 by John Willis
Replied by John Willis on topic Tweet this in Social Sharing bar...
Hi,
How did you modify the "Tweet This" option to appear in the social sharing list? I think it's a great addition.

More
13 years 10 months ago #87074 by farid
Replied by farid on topic Tweet this in Social Sharing bar...
John Willis said:Hi, How did you modify the "Tweet This" option to appear in the social sharing list? I think it's a great addition.

Hey,

I put the "Tweet this" code inside the "social sharing" list. Just copied and pasted really. The problem is that i didnt manage to make the twitter icon appear with the other social sharing logos. Do you have an idea how to do this? The link is there but the image is missing :P

More
13 years 10 months ago #87075 by John Willis
There should be a link to an image. I will be looking at this over the next couple of days and will let you know what i find

farid said:
John Willis said:Hi, How did you modify the "Tweet This" option to appear in the social sharing list? I think it's a great addition.

Hey,

I put the "Tweet this" code inside the "social sharing" list. Just copied and pasted really. The problem is that i didnt manage to make the twitter icon appear with the other social sharing logos. Do you have an idea how to do this? The link is there but the image is missing :P

More
13 years 10 months ago #87076 by Deborah Nix
Replied by Deborah Nix on topic Tweet this in Social Sharing bar...
The trick is to link to the image. You do this by adding the following to the k2.css file
a.twitter {
background-image:url("../images/social/twitter.png");
}

The twitter icon is in the k2 images folder.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87077 by John Willis
I've added the line to the k2.css file, and don't see the twitter icon. Is there other code that i need to add based on Farid's comment to make this work?

Great idea by the way, and thanks for sharing.

Amulet said:The trick is to link to the image. You do this by adding the following to the k2.css file a.twitter {
}

More
13 years 9 months ago #87078 by Deborah Nix
Replied by Deborah Nix on topic Tweet this in Social Sharing bar...
Sorry, my post was following on from the previous posts. You need to modify the php file, as per farid's reply above.

-> Hey,

I put the "Tweet this" code inside the "social sharing" list. Just copied and pasted really. The problem is that i didnt manage to make the twitter icon appear with the other social sharing logos. Do you have an idea how to do this? The link is there but the image is missing :P ->

The CSS comes in to add the Twitter icon to the code, so that it appears on the page:

->The trick is to link to the image. You do this by adding the following to the k2.css file
a.twitter {
}
->

More
13 years 9 months ago #87079 by farid
Replied by farid on topic Tweet this in Social Sharing bar...
Amulet said:The trick is to link to the image. You do this by adding the following to the k2.css file a.twitter {
}

it worked!

thanks alot for the tip.

cheers :D

More
13 years 3 months ago #87080 by Jock
Replied by Jock on topic Tweet this in Social Sharing bar...
To generate the link you can just add this:

&lt;li&gt;&lt;a class="twitter" title="&lt;?php echo JText::_("Tweet this"); ?&gt;" href="twitter.com/home?status=<?php echo $this->item->socialLink; ?>&amp;t=<?php echo urlencode($this->item->title); ?>" target="_blank"><span><?php echo JText::_("Twitter"); ?></span></a></li>

• gerardo
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #87081 by gerardo
Replied by gerardo on topic Tweet this in Social Sharing bar...
I did it!

Thanks for your help =D