Keyword

Free tagging (with auto complete) flashes for one second (SOLVED)

• Manos
  • Manos's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #88050 by Manos
Hi,I don't know if it's a bug, but the last couple of days when I type a tag, the list pops up for one second and then disapears, so I cannot select the tag. Any ideas why this happens?I have latest version of K2 and Joomla.Thanks,Manos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #88051 by Lefteris
Hi. You are using Joomla! 1.5.20 with the mootools upgrade plugin enabled. If you need the mootools upgrade then you have to wait for the next release of K2 which is compatible with the latest mootools library. Or you can try the SVN version.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Manos
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #88052 by Manos
Hi Lefteri nad thanks for your reply.
So if I disable the mootools upgrade plugin (System - Mootools Upgrade), it will resolve the problem?
And what is the SVN version?
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You are using Joomla! 1.5.20 with the mootools upgrade plugin enabled. If you need the mootools upgrade then you have to wait for the next release of K2 which is compatible with the latest mootools library. Or you can try the SVN version.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #88053 by Lefteris
Yes if you disable that plugin it will work. This plugin was added in Joomla! 1.5.20 and upgrades the mootools library. We modified K2 so now it works with this. So you have to wait for the next release of K2. The SVN version contains the latest changes of K2 but it is not considered stable. If your site is still under development you can try the SVN version. You can find it at getk2.org/svnDownload.php.

Manos said:Hi Lefteri nad thanks for your reply. So if I disable the mootools upgrade plugin (System - Mootools Upgrade), it will resolve the problem?
And what is the SVN version?
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You are using Joomla! 1.5.20 with the mootools upgrade plugin enabled. If you need the mootools upgrade then you have to wait for the next release of K2 which is compatible with the latest mootools library. Or you can try the SVN version.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Manos
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #88054 by Manos
Thanks Lefteri! You really helped me a lot!
I would like to buy you a beer! :D

Lefteris Kavadas said:Yes if you disable that plugin it will work. This plugin was added in Joomla! 1.5.20 and upgrades the mootools library. We modified K2 so now it works with this. So you have to wait for the next release of K2. The SVN version contains the latest changes of K2 but it is not considered stable. If your site is still under development you can try the SVN version. You can find it at getk2.org/svnDownload.php.
Manos said:Hi Lefteri nad thanks for your reply. So if I disable the mootools upgrade plugin (System - Mootools Upgrade), it will resolve the problem? And what is the SVN version?

• Manos
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88055 by Manos
I have a problem disabling System - Mootools Upgrade after all. It creates a big problem with Kunena. See here: 69.167.137.173/forum/169-k-16-support-archive/60397-error-browser-is-not-defined#60485
Is it possible to get the code that fixes the problem and apply it in version 2.3, or it's too big change and it's impossible to do it?

• Manos
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88056 by Manos
I have installed SVN version and it solves the problem.

More
13 years 11 months ago #88057 by Simon Olsen
Is this supposed to be fixed in 2.4.1, because the tags are still flashing up and then disappearing, and we have multiple users on our website that need that feature.

More
13 years 11 months ago #88058 by Lefteris
Clean your browser's cache

Simon Olsen said:Is this supposed to be fixed in 2.4.1, because the tags are still flashing up and then disappearing, and we have multiple users on our website that need that feature.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
13 years 11 months ago #88059 by Simon Olsen
EXCELLENT! For anyone else having this issue (with Firefox 3.6, I'm on 3.6.10), I went to Preferences/Options > Advanced Tab, Network and in the Offline Storage section next to how many MB of space for Cache, I clicked the Clear Now button and we're back to normal!

Thanks Lefteris!