Keyword

Inserting (code or) social bookmark buttons in category view?

More
13 years 7 months ago #94326 by Toshe
Here is what I need:

Where exactly (which template file and what position) to insert the social button codes I have? When I insert them anywhere in the layout inside category_item.php or category.php my whole page design suddenly disappears, and only the first item is shown, anything after that (including tags) is gone...

It can't be that hard to add something else to show under an item in category view can it???

Other than that I made some url functions and codes that I want to test if they work in the category view. If they do and i fix the issue I have which I explained I will make a tutorial on how to replace the social sharing buttons in k2 with any buttons you want and with working url and title and image imported to the service (if it supports title or image)...

here is the site I am working on:

thewordforme.org/test1/

I will leave it messed up for the moment so that you can see the problem...

also you can click on the item that is shown to see the actual working item view that isn't messed up by the social buttons.

The social buttons work on the frontpage too by the way, well all except the twitter and reddit link to the correct item URL.

Configuration: Joomla 1.5.22 with probably latest version of K2

Please help, thanks in advance.

Toshe.

EDIT 1: I inserted A simple line of text and the page breaks again, so it's not the code from the buttons! (image provided in attachment)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #94327 by Toshe
BUMP! Please someone help...

More
13 years 7 months ago #94328 by Toshe
Never mind, I did it. Seems the biggest problem was that I inserted a PHP function inside the category_item which then gets duplicated and that seems to generates a PHP error. I currently inserted the social buttons inside the Published In Category div tag, but I will try to get them out of there and see if it works. Then I will tell you how it goes, and once I fix the URL for the tweet button, and the reddit button I will post a full tutorial on how you can make social buttons in category view that get the counts from the individual items :) Wish me luck!

More
13 years 7 months ago #94329 by Arden de Raaij
Good luck, looking forward to it :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #94330 by Lisa Canter
did you find a solution??