Keyword

Trouble displaying new K2 items...please help!

• Linda L. Mahan
  • Linda L. Mahan's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #95248 by Linda L. Mahan
Trouble displaying new K2 items...please help! was created by Linda L. Mahan
I am new to both Joomla! and K2 but think there must be a simple solution to my problem. Started creating site in Joomla using Joomla Purity II template. Added several articles but then found K2 content system. Switched to JoomlArt Teline IV template and loaded K2. I'm figuring it out slowly. Imported the articles from Joomla Article Manager into K2 and recreated menu links using K2 menu links. Everything worked fine....

BUT now when I add a new K2 item to an existing category, and try to view the article on the front end, none of the articles in that category will display. Instead, I get a "404-Article not found" message. If I add an article by the same name to the Joomla Article Manager...then the K2 articles in that category will be displayed, including the new article...and it is the K2 version of these articles because I have added extra fields to the K2 categories that are displaying.  I also tried just adding an article with same name to Article Manager but different text and that makes the K2 items display...but it won't display unless an article of the same title is found in Article Manager.

I know it is not suppose to work this way. Am I missing a setting in K2 or maybe in the JoomlArt Teline IV template?

Any and all help appreciated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95249 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Trouble displaying new K2 items...please help!
After you import the articles to items once you should create a new link to the category in k2 or the item in k2

If you have sef on, turn it off and test

create a menu link to a k2 item....to test

• Linda L. Mahan
More
13 years 6 months ago #95250 by Linda L. Mahan
Replied by Linda L. Mahan on topic Trouble displaying new K2 items...please help!
Thanks for replying. All of my menu links to items are K2 itemlist/category links or K2 latest items links. I redid all the menu links after importing articles into K2. This problem is very aggravating and I have tested everything I can think of. It must be a setting somewhere. The K2 menu links only work if an article of the same name is in Article Manager.

Not sure what you mean by "If you have sef on, turn it off and test".  Please explain.

Thanks again.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95251 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Trouble displaying new K2 items...please help!
Site - Global settings - Site tab - SEO settings - turn sef urls off

• Linda L. Mahan
More
13 years 6 months ago #95252 by Linda L. Mahan
Replied by Linda L. Mahan on topic Trouble displaying new K2 items...please help!
Thanks again, William. I turned off the sef urls and it did not correct the problem. Here's what is happening now. To get it to work at all I need to do the following:

1. add item in k2 but do not publish

2. add same item in Article Manager and leave it published.

3. add a second item in k2 (unpublished) and same item in Article Manager.

4. go back and publish first K2 item but leave most recent item unpublished.

This allows all items in category to be displayed except the most recent added item (item #2 in explanation above). I have not found a way to get the most recent K2 item to display until another new item is added. And always must have same item in both K2 and Joomla Article Manager.

Do you think this is a K2 issue or a conflict with the JoomlArt Teline IV template (it is built for K2)?  Any ideas? Doesn't make sense to keep adding articles to both Article Manager and K2 ... especially when I'm unable to publish new articles when added.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95253 by william white
You shouldnt have to do all of that....please send link to the site and see friend request and pm me

• Linda L. Mahan
More
13 years 6 months ago #95254 by Linda L. Mahan
This problem is now solved. SuperBlogger module by JoomlaWorks was causing a conflict. By disabling this module, K2 article publishing now works as intended. I want to thank William White again for all his help in guiding me through checking everything.