Keyword

Setting up K2 Like this

More
13 years 5 months ago #96001 by Jorge
Setting up K2 Like this was created by Jorge
Hello K2 forum. I am new so have mercy on this noob. I am running k2 great but I want to make some changes. On the frontend (home) of the website, my blog/articles are showing everything and by everything I mean everything like images, videos, and all the images and videos and ALL the text on the frontpage and I do not want that. I want it set up to show just a small image of the article, the title (of course), the category of the article and just a few words on the description and then it'll show the "read more" option so that the frontpage wont look all clogged up with all this information. I want it to look exactly like this website, here is an example of exactly how I want it to look like on the frontpage of my website (look at the image attached) or go directly to the website to see how they got it set up: www.umaballa.com/index.php/umaballa/umanews.html

Please let me know what do I have to do on the backend (administrators page)in order for me to set it up like that website.

Thanks in advance,

Draganon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96002 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Setting up K2 Like this
Try going to the category you are displaying on the front page

Set primary to 1 coulmn and the number of items you want to show

set the leading and other to 0

go to the item view in category listings and turn off everything you dont want to show on the page (until they drill into the item) also, be sure to set intro text to show, and play around wtih the number of characters

More
13 years 5 months ago #96003 by Jorge
Replied by Jorge on topic Setting up K2 Like this
Hi William, I tried doing all this and barely anything changed. I still still everything I posted for the categories instead of just listing a few words and then saying "read more" I checked that the "intro text is set to show" The only option you mentioned that I did not see was the "other" option, so I can set it to 0.