Keyword

Setting up K2 Like this

More
13 years 5 months ago #96010 by Jorge
Setting up K2 Like this was created by Jorge
Hello K2 forum. I am new so have mercy on this noob. I am running k2 great but I want to make some changes. On the frontend (home) of the website, my blog/articles are showing everything and by everything I mean everything like images, videos, and all the images and videos and ALL the text on the frontpage and I do not want that. I want it set up to show just a small image of the article, the title (of course), the category of the article and just a few words on the description and then it'll show the "read more" option so that the frontpage wont look all clogged up with all this information. I want it to look exactly like this website, here is an example of exactly how I want it to look like on the frontpage of my website (look at the image attached) or go directly to the website to see how they got it set up: www.umaballa.com/index.php/umaballa/umanews.html Please let me know what do I have to do on the backend (administrators page)in order for me to set it up like that website. Thanks in advance, Draganon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96011 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Setting up K2 Like this
You are asking too much. You ask someone else to build a site for you.
Best way is to explore that website with Firebug and copy whole code from that site and paste it in your k2.css file.

www.umaballa.com/templates/umaballa_front/css/k2.css

But be careful, this CSS file is heavily reduced. So make a backup of your original file, and use some compare software.

And your template will play big part. So, it is not easy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.