Keyword

v 2.5 stability and estimated release date

• Mark Foster
  • Mark Foster's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98169 by Mark Foster
v 2.5 stability and estimated release date was created by Mark Foster
Hi

Got an upcoming project that K2 is perfect for but the client is insisting J 1.6 is used.

Is the 2.5 release anything close to stable and how far away is a release if I can stall the client a bit

Many thanks!

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Javier Salvador Belda
More
13 years 2 months ago #98170 by Javier Salvador Belda
Replied by Javier Salvador Belda on topic v 2.5 stability and estimated release date
I have seen that extra field date works without any plugin in 2.5, so I am interested in the v2.5 stability. Can anyone answer to Mark? When we will see 2.5 final version of K2?

Thanks!

Javier

• Mark Foster
More
13 years 2 months ago #98171 by Mark Foster
Replied by Mark Foster on topic v 2.5 stability and estimated release date
Please don't think I'm being rude or pushy here, but surely someone has some idea where 2.5 is up to?

Would really appreciate any info if poss

Thanks

More
13 years 2 months ago #98172 by Craig Pearson
Replied by Craig Pearson on topic v 2.5 stability and estimated release date
Yeah why isn't there a page area dedicated to whats going on with he new version? All the blog posts are just someone selling something - how about a blog that gives us useful info, updates and tips like Longtail does? - Just knowing is half the battle.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98173 by Tony G
Replied by Tony G on topic v 2.5 stability and estimated release date
Mark don't think I'm being rude or anything but as far as I can see 2.5 is in beta version at the moment, as far as when it will be ready for production my guess is how long is a piece of string. In between trying to make a living like you and I, these guys manage to devote time to work on this excellent component for free. So yes Mark how dare K2 developers haven’t found the time to answer your simple question is beyond me.

Mark Foster said:
Please don't think I'm being rude or pushy here, but surely someone has some idea where 2.5 is up to?

Thanks

• Mark Foster
More
13 years 2 months ago #98174 by Mark Foster
Replied by Mark Foster on topic v 2.5 stability and estimated release date
Oh dear

I knew someone would take it the wrong way.  It was purely a question to try and find out whether it was still early beta or close to an RC as I had to make a decision on what to use for a project. I didn't want an intricate breakdown of where it was.

I'm a massive fan of K2 and I think the developers do a fantastic job especially as it is free. I wouldn't dream of being demanding or expecting they drop everything to answer me, just thought someone might know in the community. 

So go and have a beer and relax a little

Best regards

Mark

Tony G said:

Mark don't think I'm being rude or anything but as far as I can see 2.5 is in beta version at the moment, as far as when it will be ready for production my guess is how long is a piece of string. In between trying to make a living like you and I, these guys manage to devote time to work on this excellent component for free. So yes Mark how dare K2 developers haven’t found the time to answer your simple question is beyond me.

Mark Foster said:

Thanks

More
13 years 2 months ago #98175 by Nick
you're such a prick. It's minimal decency as a HUMAN BEING to at least tweet on the progress of K2. I don't care if they work on it for free and what not. It is really not that hard to give a ballpark estimate on the release or even to talk about the progress. It is a product you know, and very minimal support is expected from the developers. (even if it's free) They are making this product for people to use. If you can't support those people, they won't use it.

Tony G said:

Mark Foster said:

Thanks

More
13 years 2 months ago #98176 by rexkramer
Replied by rexkramer on topic v 2.5 stability and estimated release date
Fotis is twittering like hell ;-) but not about K2. At least SIGpro is finally there and AllVideos was mentioned in a tweet. 

Regarding K2 SVN status... You might follow the GoogleCode updates (last revision 888 was on 7th juli).