Keyword

Building a catalogue with K2

• demonas
  • demonas's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98184 by demonas
Building a catalogue with K2 was created by demonas
Hi there,

I would like to know a few things about K2. I have read many things about it, download it and played with it quite a lot.

I have a project that I want a listing with Restaurants. Each restaurant will have an offer for a limited time so users can submit their request in case they are interested about an offer.

So problem is that I am not really sure how to do this with K2. I thought that It would be great to have some extra fields to the sign up of a user, depending if he/she is a restaurant or a simple user. So I need some extra fields like Telephone,email,googlemap point, photo gallery e.t.c.

After that a listing with a specific group of users ( restaurants) will show exactly what I want. Offers will be linked to Authors ( Restaurants) so I can show the offers per Restaurant. Also Editing and inserting new offers will be very easy from the front end.

The way I see it I can't add extra fields to users or categories. Seems that only K2 items can have this functionality. Any ideas what can I do? Is k2 the right tool for me or not?

I have read about the use of k2-plugins, that a developer can add extra fields to users and categories. Is this the only way to go?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• demonas
More
13 years 2 months ago #98185 by demonas
Replied by demonas on topic Building a catalogue with K2
Hm... Anybody?

More
13 years 2 months ago #98186 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Building a catalogue with K2
Take a look at Sherpa from Jiliko.net

• demonas
More
13 years 2 months ago #98187 by demonas
Replied by demonas on topic Building a catalogue with K2
Great :-) I'll test it right away. THank you very very much for the url