Keyword

front edit problem [SOLVED]

• Goran Mitic
  • Goran Mitic's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98224 by Goran Mitic
front edit problem [SOLVED] was created by Goran Mitic
Hello,This is my first post, so hello everybody!Here is video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugpguz2IPw0So problem is that there is nothing in editing pop-up window:-I can not add new items-I can not edit existing item-no printing options-and email opens a new tab, empty tab...It is same on windows machines: Firefox, Opera, Chrome, IEand Linux (Gentoo): Firefox, Opera and Surf.I do have JCE installed, I did uninstall it but it is same. Tried to make groups in jce also, did not work...(and just to make a statement, I did post same question on joomla forum, and got pm that here would be more chances to get more adequate help. I will post solution over there as well, as soon we solve this problem. I am aware that cross posting is not a good thing, but this is my first cross posting, since I am stuck...)Any advice would be most welcomed.Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98225 by william white
Replied by william white on topic front edit problem [SOLVED]
Try turning error reporting on highest and see if it will give an error.

Also, try switching your template and see if it acts different.

Check the k2 information tab in the dashboard and make sure it all looks correct

Check your plugins one by one by disabling them

• Goran Mitic
More
13 years 2 months ago #98226 by Goran Mitic
Replied by Goran Mitic on topic front edit problem [SOLVED]
Hello William,

and thank you for your time and input.

I am in 'web business'  a year, so I do not quite understand your first proposal: "Try turning error reporting on highest and see if it will give an error."

But I did switch couple of templates - and there it worked perfectly! So I guess it is template issue...

Template is custom made, so I would be grateful if you could point me to where I can get additional info on how to make this work...

K2 information tag, well I guess there is all in place, I am not sure what to look for (everything is installed and enabled)...

As for plugins, I have (beside jce) this log in javascript based module, but will check the rest.

Thank you

More
13 years 2 months ago #98227 by william white
But I did switch couple of templates - and there it worked perfectly! So I guess it is template issue...

If your template is custom - you will have to either compare it to one that works to see the difference or contact the custom template maker and ask about k2

• Goran Mitic
More
13 years 2 months ago #98228 by Goran Mitic
Hello again William,

"...or contact the custom template maker..." Do you mean the guy who made template? that would be me.

I did compare my template with several others that K2 front edit works, but I can not see any difference that could be relevant... I did add/remove several items/lines, but still no go...

Is there some kind of tutorial, or documentation for custom made templates and k2?

Thank you

More
13 years 2 months ago #98229 by william white
You might try using a diff tool to see what the differences are

• Goran Mitic
More
13 years 2 months ago #98230 by Goran Mitic
Hello William,

I got it!

It was not the index.php file that had to be modified....

It is the component.php file that needed to be modified.

Usually, templates are working just fine with that file being blank, or even without it.

I put inside simplest code I could find:

&lt;?phpdefined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access'); // no direct access?&gt;&lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><htmlbbcode_url" href="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" ><head> <jdoc:include type="head" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="/<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>/templates/system/css/system.css" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="/<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>/templates/system/css/general.css" /></head><body> <jdoc:include type="message" /> <jdoc:include type="component" /></body></html>

... and it started working.

William, my Billy boy, I want to thank you so much for bearing with sincerely yours newbie.

Thank you