Keyword

Performance in the backend when saving an item

• Orangehill
  • Orangehill's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98303 by Orangehill
I have searched the forum but did not find any answers. When saving a K2 item in the backend it takes about 25-30 seconds. I have quite a lot of extra fields (50) Does this cause the delay?

Any idea how I can improve the performance of my backend?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98304 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Performance in the backend when saving an item
community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-becomes-very-slow-after

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/page-load-bottleneck-fao-fotis?commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A165779

I would try switching to a simple default template and see if that decreases the speed. In the above threads there are discussios about too many css and javascript files loading which switching to a simple template would show.

Also, there are discussions about shared server and htaccess files that work the server to hard.

I think there will be a dramatic increase in all of k2's speed with the new version.

If you are brave... back up twice and install the svn version.

• Orangehill
  • Orangehill's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98305 by Orangehill
Replied by Orangehill on topic Performance in the backend when saving an item
Hi William,

I have found these threads but these refer to frontend performance issues. I am talking about backend performance issues. Edit and then saving an item takes about 30 seconds of loading time. It still uses a lot of javascript then, but a combiner does not seem to help. any other ideas?