Keyword

Sub Category Layout

• Jason Brown
  • Jason Brown's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98341 by Jason Brown
Sub Category Layout was created by Jason Brown
I really need help with this situation, I have a client that sells accounting software solutions. I have a categroy called products and this has 5  sub-categories. In the menu I have set up the Products page, that shows the 5 sub category blocks and  their description.

I need to have the layout change so that there is one main column with 1 sub-category and its details, then a two column layout underneath it with the remaining 4 sub categories.

It is possible to do this with individual items, what I am wondering is whether it is possible to have this layout for sub-category layouts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98342 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Sub Category Layout
Best way would be with K2 modules. Remove module Title and styling and they will look alike first category.

• Jason Brown
More
13 years 2 months ago #98343 by Jason Brown
Replied by Jason Brown on topic Sub Category Layout
Not familiar how would I go about doing that?

More
13 years 2 months ago #98344 by BBC
Above and under content area in your template (there K2 listings go) you have usually modules positions a few "banner" positions and few "user" positions. Use them for some K2 modules. Visitors wont even notice there are modules.

Can´t help you more because there are plenty of K2 modules that list categories and Items.

Test them all and find what suit you. Small differences between K2 template and module template can you fix in CSS.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98345 by BBC
If you ask for title and module style. Read your template description. Usually at developer demo site.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98346 by BBC
I just get aware there are plenty of modules that list Items, but non that can list subcategories. (category image, title, maybe counter, etc)

What a pitty.

• Jason Brown
More
13 years 2 months ago #98347 by Jason Brown
Replied by Jason Brown on topic Sub Category Layout
Which is exactly what I found. The question now is does anyone know a work around for this?