Keyword

Remove numbers next to rating stars in explorer

• Odin Mayland
  • Odin Mayland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #98385 by Odin Mayland
IE7,8,9 all show numbers 1,2,3,4,5 next to the 5 stars for the itemrating.

Chrome, Firefox and Safari do NOT show those numbers.  The numbers appear to be hidden by the stars.

I can't figure out how to fix them for IE.  The numbers appear pushed over the right.  Maybe IE is not accepting the css position.

Here is a sample work in progress page:  www.primocraft.com/Resources/The-Man-Cave-Gallery/Big-Tiki-Man-Cave.html

I am using Dev Tools but can't figure it out yet.

I am using k2rounded as my k2 template.

Please help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98386 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Remove numbers next to rating stars in explorer
Jeff,

I tested on 9.0.1 and could not see it, does not mean its not an issue.

In the K2 item.php, the code that generates those numbers is: <li><a href="#" rel="<?php echo $this->item->id; ?>" title="<?php echo JText::_('1 star out of 5'); ?>" class="one-star">1</a></li>

Ordinarily, those text numbers should be under the images, but yours have been shifted away from the image.

In the Rounded template, there were no changes made to the ratings element.

If you can inspect in IE, then check padding on the <a>, again, without seeing it in IE its difficult to advise.

Simon

More
13 years 2 months ago #98387 by matthew turner
Replied by matthew turner on topic Remove numbers next to rating stars in explorer
Hi Modernmagic,

I found this info which might help you out.... (trial and error/fun and games with IE !)

Here : csscreator.com/node/25027

When I tried your site in Firefox using Fire Bug I disabled the text align (div.itemToolbar ul li )and the numbers show in Firefox as well as IE

The inluded link above has an example with this happening with a text-align:right being the culprit...

Aslo I note that you seem to have "optimised" the CSS which may be putting/compiling (all of) the CSS in an order that over rules itself - in a way that IE is un forgiving with....?

Does this happen with the un optimised CSS too ?

Let me know if you need any further help.