Keyword

K2 Jumping to another main-category after using category list

• Martin Kares
  • Martin Kares's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98436 by Martin Kares
First I show you my live-site which is under developement:To PageAs you can see I have following Category-structureWA-FKB  Blaulicht    Polizei    Feuerwehr    Retter    THW    Reportagen  Aufs Dorf geschaut  Jobs  ServiceMR-BIED  Blaulicht    Polizei    Feuerwehr    Retter    THW    Reportagen  Aufs Dorf geschaut  JobsServiceand so on and so on.....Now my problem:When I browse to WA-FK - Blaulicht, I can chose on the right side with the k2 categories list (menu) the subcategory I want to display. For example I chose "Feuerwehr" it shows me the section - so right so good.But for any reason when I now chose in the main-menu WA-FK - Blaulicht again it shoots me to SIEG-WITT - Blaulicht. Thats not correct, it must stay in the WA-FK-Section.I first thought there might be a problem with my main-navigation (Im using superfish nav-bar), so I disabled it and activated the standard joomla menu. An there you can see now, that I click on any category item on the right side, it open sction SIEG-WITT for any reason.I hope you cen reproduce my problem, if not tell me - this has high priority for me to get it solved.Thanks for your help,chop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martin Kares
More
13 years 2 months ago #98437 by Martin Kares
Hey, nobody can help me out with this? I really cant get behind it. Evertime I use the category-list navigation on the right side and then use the mainmenu, the system kicks me to the section SIEG-WITT....

More
13 years 2 months ago #98438 by BBC
Do you use sh404SEF extension ?

More
13 years 2 months ago #98439 by BBC
I think problem is you use "Blaulicht" Category several times in top menu. And menu system doesn´t know which one to highlight.

If you use same category in several place at menus use "Alias" option in Menu types, not direct link to category.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98440 by BBC
Can you make two screenshots ?

- One of the list of links in top menu (Menu Item Manager: [xxxxmenu] )

- And second of K2 categories hierarchy (K2 Categories)

Make sure images are readable.

• Martin Kares
More
13 years 2 months ago #98441 by Martin Kares
Hi BBC, thanks for your reply:

1. No I dont use sh404SEF extension.

2. To use Alias would be not right because:

I have 4 big sections. WA-FKB, MR-BIED, GIEßEN, SIEG-WITT and every of this big sections need his own "Blaulicht" category with the same sub-categories. So I need to link to the owen Blaulicht-Category from every Menu-Item.

3. Here are the screenshots you need.

Thanks for your help!

More
13 years 2 months ago #98442 by BBC
Breadcrumbs show right. So it is something just with your top menu.

Try to put this K2 module (right) to exclude from Joomla cache. Set to no, instead of "Global".

More
13 years 2 months ago #98443 by BBC
And clean Joomla and browser cache.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98444 by BBC
And also top menu set to NO CACHING.

All menu modules set allways to NO, because caching makes problems with highlightings.

• Martin Kares
More
13 years 2 months ago #98445 by Martin Kares
No, not correct I also took a look on breadcrumbs. Go to section WA-FKB - Blaulicht, then choose on the right a subcategory like "Feuerwehr", then click the main navigation WA-FKB - Blaulicht again and it shoots you to SIEG-WITT area. Also breadcrumbs is showing SIEG-WITT then.

Btw: i can also send you login data if you like to have a look by yourself...