Keyword

Hi to all love K2 Content duplication and Name Change

• Invisible Gardener
  • Invisible Gardener's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98502 by Invisible Gardener
Hi to all love K2 Content duplication and Name Change was created by Invisible Gardener
Hi

I recently installed K2.

I them imported files into k2 

it did no import all the files into K2

so now I have two menus

one is from the K2 comp and mod which is sen on my website at

organicdatabank.info

the problem arises from the fact that I am also using the reg joomla menu system. 

so now it seems that when I write new content, I have to also redo it again in K2.

shouldnt K2 automatically import any new content written in article manager?

ok

heres another question

How can I can the name K2 to Garden Genie?  under where it says 

Search Only:          

would love it to say  Garden Genie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98503 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Hi to all love K2 Content duplication and Name Change
shouldnt K2 automatically import any new content written in article manager?

No, the import function should only be used once and is to switch the articles to items From then on add k2 items.

• Invisible Gardener
  • Invisible Gardener's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98504 by Invisible Gardener
Replied by Invisible Gardener on topic Hi to all love K2 Content duplication and Name Change
yesi know that I can add the K2 items but my point is that because of my menu set up (I created the site irst, later on I discovered K@ but by then I had lots of content.)

anyways like i said it did not import all the files.

so does this mean that I will have to create two contents the same one for article manager and one for K2? I raly dont want to redo the menu set up now.

also can i get an answer re name change?

More
13 years 2 months ago #98505 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Hi to all love K2 Content duplication and Name Change
I dont see search only....firefox does not find it either in his search function.....if u are talking about a module heading, change the name of the module if the title is set to show.

You will have to use the menu - new - select k2 (category, item, or user) to display k2 content unless you put it into a module....if you want to show joomla articles select the standard content....

k2 is designed to coexist but really replace articles all together....i use articles when items act up and wont do what i want them to