Keyword

Multiple Instances of K2

• Belinda Frylinck
  • Belinda Frylinck's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98537 by Belinda Frylinck
Multiple Instances of K2 was created by Belinda Frylinck
I would like to know whether it is possible to run multiple instances of K2 within the same website

I would like users to click on a Province (state) within my country and then be taken to an instance of K2 which will have province-specific categories.

Or is there any other way of doing this more easily than creating 1000 of categories and sub-categories?

Thank you

b.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98538 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Multiple Instances of K2
you could probably do multiple installs of joomla with k2 in subdomains to accomplish this, but

wouldnt there be the same number of categories and subcategories either way....?

For the us i would create 50 categoires, then under each of them i would create a few categoies with the same name under each of the 50

if you use multiple installs you will encounter multiple databases, extensions, plugins, upgrades, etc etc all more work

• Belinda Frylinck
  • Belinda Frylinck's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98539 by Belinda Frylinck
Replied by Belinda Frylinck on topic Multiple Instances of K2
Thanks William

I've considered subdomains, but as you said, it's too cumbersome and time consuming to manage.

At the moment I have the following structure:

Province 1

-  Category 1

- Sub Category 1

- Sub Category 2

Province 2

-  Category 1

- Sub Category 1

- Sub Category 2

Would this be the most logical way to do it (I have 9 provinces, 7 Categories and up to 20 sub categories per category).  The categories and sub-categories will be the identical for each province.

To me this seems the easiest way to set it up, but since I don't know K2 that well, there may be a better way, especially since this way will take ages to set up even with SQL queries straight into the database as you need to keep track of item ids.

thanx

b.