Keyword

K2 Comment System Replacement

• Massoud
  • Massoud's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98636 by Massoud
K2 Comment System Replacement was created by Massoud
I have been using K2 for a while, the only problem that I've never get rid of this is comment system, the built in comment system is extremely simple, it does not have email notification, easy management and any editor for styling text or even adding urls, normal users do not know how to use html code and they should not know.

Because of this I've tried all of third party extension and all of them have their problem either, here is the brief:

JComment: when you use this extension with Cache system enabled, the original k2 comment system will show instead of Jcomment randomly, the Jcomment support team says they use K2 API and we should ask them to solve it but during a year no one solve it. the other problem is K2 Avatar and profile integration. so there is no way to use it with cache enabled.

JaComment: It so heavy, it add more than 100KB JS/CSS files, it will appear after 30 sec of the page will completely loaded. It does not integrated with K2 Avatar and profile either. in addition its CPU hungry and make lots of trouble in server load.

JomComment: I'm currently use it, it is not integrated with K2 Avatar and Profile, Guest sometimes cannot submit comment, it shows that the comment is in submitting process with loading animation but nothing happening, and the capcha image is cpu hungry, I have to disable it, in addition there is no module for showing latest / most commented post for K2.

I also tried Multi-Notify Extension for K2 Original comment system, it is not user friendly at all, people must enter their email address in separate field and the backend is also not interesting. 

Now Please share your experiences and help me to add some facilities to current K2 comment system, like editing buttons for adding link ,image, youtube videos or etc and good notification.

Thank you in advance for writing your ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Massoud
  • Massoud's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98637 by Massoud
Replied by Massoud on topic K2 Comment System Replacement
take a look at my guide to add bbcode in k2 built in comment system:

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/guide-how-to-add-bb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.