Keyword

Can K2 create Data Driven Pages

• Ryan Kent
  • Ryan Kent's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98811 by Ryan Kent
Can K2 create Data Driven Pages was created by Ryan Kent
Hi.I would like to use Joomla with K2 as my next CMS but I have a specific need to pages linked to tables which must be met in order for me to switch to modx.The requirements break down into 3 parts.1 - Form controls linked to tables. For example a country drop down box which lists all the countries. If "USA" is selected, then another box would appear offering a selection of states.2 - A form which submitted a record to a table. For example there would be a "NFL Football Players" form. When "Dallas Cowboys" is selected, a user could add their favorite player to the form. Player name, position, height, weight, jersey #, etc. would all be added. When the "submit" button is pressed the record would be validated then submitted.3 - A dynamic web page would be created on the site based on the submitted record in #2. So if a Troy Aikman record was submitted, the URL might be mysite.com/cowboys/troy-aikman. The page would show the information as static, but users would be able to add comments similar to a blog.Is K2 able to do something like this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.