Keyword

[SOLVED] Duplicate pages

More
8 years 8 months ago #150388 by Joe Campbell
Replied by Joe Campbell on topic Duplicate pages
Upon further investigation, it looks like this K2 Specific extension is best option to resolve Duplicate Content issue:

www.managecms.com/extensions/k2-canonical-links

Description:

With Canonical Links for K2 ranked in Top 5 K2 extensions you will get true canonical links for your K2 articles. We have tried other solutions offered on the market, tried Joomla 3 native solution, and found out that they all had issues, as reported on various forums around the web. We applied our 5+ years of experience with Joomla and K2 and developed a new plugin to solve canonical problem once and for all.

If you can reach the same K2 article with links like:

www.example.com/article
www.example.com/category/article
www.example.com/tag1/article
www.example.com/tag2/article

All of them will have the same canonical link! Not only that, but you can choose to automatically redirect users to your canonical page.

Tags and categories are fully supported. We also set canonicals for paginated series, so that Google can index properly your categories with more than one page.

Plugin is carefully tweaked so that the most appropriate link is chosen, based on your menu structure!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• German Levi
  • German Levi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #150389 by German Levi
Replied by German Levi on topic Duplicate pages
Thanks for the tip Joe Campbell! To use a paid extension for 29 euros, I think it's absurd! Some of these extensions of the working tool for this problem? Previously used Artio JoomSEF, however, refused it, no it sense! And apparently after you turn off Atrio JoomSEF got these links...

More
8 years 8 months ago #150390 by Joe Campbell
@GermanLevi The K2 version is only 19 Euros.

I believe in paying for extensions, even if the developer provides them for free. As nothing in life is FREE.

Since, I am not a developer, I must rely others with coding abilities. Paying or giving a donation is how I show my appreciation.

Note: #JFeedback, positive rating and sharing via social media are other great ways to Give Back :)

• German Levi
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #150392 by German Levi
Plugins of this kind is "crutches". The engine and components must not be problems with indexing. Otherwise the meaning of their use?! If every mistake to close the plugin or the module, the site will become too slow. So we are looking for a solution and gradually phasing out the plugins. I think back to install Artio JoomSEF, although it is also all not so simple as it turned out, he had no paid add-on refuses to work correctly with k2 users! Thanks again for the tip!

• German Levi
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #150394 by German Levi
In fact you can write a function in the K2 template, which will insert these links in the tag rel=canonical! Parse the query string and from string to insert tag or rel=canonical or not!

• German Levi
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #150395 by German Levi
The question still is where Google takes such a wrong image links site.com/item-name when the correct url of the website looks like site.com/category/category/item-name? Who ever knew whence their beret a search engine?

More
8 years 8 months ago #150396 by Joe Campbell
Currently, I am rendering the canonical tag by way of K2 absolute URL or an extra field override, but the real issue is the generation of bad page URLs.

This extension seems to remedy this issue.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #150399 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Duplicate pages
The links could be generated from your menu structure.
A change in the menu means that new URLs where generated. A change in K2's Advanced SEF will also have similar effects.

Furthermore sitemap generating extensions can cause this issue as well.
Finally a K2 module which produces wrong URLs (Eg: does not follow the component's settings) could also be the culprit. A canonical tag will cure this headache.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #150402 by Joe Campbell
I emailed extension developer (Marko) who promptly responded. After answering a few questions, I purchased the extension.

Within 2 parameter clicks my K2 URL problem is over - I am SUPER HAPPY!!!

Best of all, I have not noticed an impact on my site performance.

K2 Canonical Links receives my stamp of approval
www.managecms.com/extensions/k2-canonical-links

• German Levi
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #150403 by German Levi
Nothing of the above I do not! The module I'm not using. Site map does not contain errors.