Keyword

Error installing K2

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #151804 by Eric
Error installing K2 was created by Eric
I've attached a screenshot of an error I get when trying to install K2. Here is the link to imgur imgur.com/GgTU2kW To get a few things out of the way from the start, (I contacted go daddy and they asked me all these questions already) The joomla version is version 3. The component is the right version. I tried to install it via the extension manager, the install from web tab, and I even uploaded the file to a temp folder and tried to install via the install from folder tab. I get the same error every time. It looks like it's failing to install a table in my database, but I've never seen this error before.

I posted in the Joomla forum, and they were no help as of yet. The only response I got was to ask me again if I had the correct version of K2, and I absolutely do. I've used this exact file on another site on another server using the same Yoo Theme template for Joomla 3 within the last week. I have no idea what's wrong, and none of the people I work with could figure it out either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It appears it has trouble creating a table in the database. But I don't seem to have issues saving articles or modules. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Eric. Reason: punctuation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #151811 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Error installing K2
Hi,

You need to provide more details. For example you wrote that you are using Joomla 3. This is not helpful at all. We need the full version number . In any case, you should be using Joomla! 3.4.8. If not, update as soon as possible.

Regarding the K2 version you should be using K2 2.6.9 which can be downloaded from getk2.org/downloads/?f=K2_v2.6.9.zip .

The last things you need to check are the filesystem permissions. Just navigate to "System" -> "System Information" -> "Folder permissions" . The directories listed there should be writable.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #151812 by Eric
Replied by Eric on topic Error installing K2
Thank you for your quick reply. I keep everything as up to date as possible, which is why I forgot what joomla version it was. I just checked and indeed it is Joomla 3.4.8, and it's the latest version of K2, I even downloaded from the link you provided and got the same error message as before. That was a good call on the file permissions, I had checked those out via an ssh connection I have, and the area on the back end you sent me to confirms what I saw there. My directories are indeed writable. Sorry for being so vague before, and I thank you for your assistance.