• Javi Mata's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #151966 by Javi Mata
Related items was created by Javi Mata
Hi, i have a blog with a category and some subcategories, like this:

blog
-- November
-- March

in a aside need a list for each subtategories like LAST EDITIONS, i solve this with a k2_tools and is ok, but i need too a list with all the articles for the actual category, in the menu link i put the last month, in this case, to the March and yes, for the INDEX of all the articles for the actual category try solved with the k2_content put in the actual category, in this case MARCH, but obvious, when i do click in some in the LAST EDITIONS list the module INDEX continue show in the MARCH list, my problem is, how can i do it this list automatic? some like:

if i click in a category list show this category items, if i come for the menu show the menu category list... can i explain? i dont speak english :-S

so, if i come for the menu, list in INDEX module the menu category, if i come for a link in the LAST EDITIONS list show the list of articles for this subcategory... i try it to do with the actual modules and dont modified or create a new module... if i dont have another solutions will create a new module :-S

Twitter: @Javi_Mata
Web: www.javimata.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Javi Mata
More
8 years 6 months ago #151983 by Javi Mata
Replied by Javi Mata on topic Related items
if with this module can't do it, someone know how can get the categories, first, when i arrive for the menu link get the categories, and second, when i arrive for a link in the k2_tool list.

i need know (i guess) the view and the categories, in the menu and in the url, so, do it a helper to filter the items for this categories:

Menu: BLOG (type K2 Categories with 2 categories selected, a blank and the actual month)
in this view i show the INDEX list (items for the actual categories) and another module (k2 tools) with a list of subcategories of BLOG (each month)

i need know how get the categories in the menu link, and get the category in the k2 tools module link... and the internal page (item view) get the actual item and dont show it in the INDEX list (or apply a class or dont add a link)...

• Javi Mata
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #151984 by Javi Mata
Replied by Javi Mata on topic Related items
well, i solve it creating a module:

javimata.github.io/mod_k2_related_items/

Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Javi Mata.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152017 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Related items
Kudos Javi, nice work :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)