Keyword

Inceptive Multiple Categories problem with K2 2.7.0

• Klaus Veliu
  • Klaus Veliu's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #152252 by Klaus Veliu
Hello,

I was using Inceptive Multiple Categories on some of my site and after updating k2 to the latest version
my clients are reporting that the feature of showing a new tab of this plugin its now showing.

Before this feature was showing next to Attachments tab.

I want to know if this issue comes from a k2 bug/disabled feature/reconfiguration so I can contact the developers
of Inceptive Multiple Categories for assistance.

A very good feature of K2 would be to have by default the multi category feature, a feature that wordpress has
years that has that, but Joomla team seems to be sleeping on this kind of improvements :(.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152265 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Inceptive Multiple Categories problem with K2 2.7.0
Hello Klaus,

We have decided against having multiple categories in the core.
Now since this issue is related with the Multiple Categories extension I would suggest addressing this issue to the extension's dev.
Since this is a popular extension he may have already released or posted a solution.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Klaus Veliu
  • Klaus Veliu's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #152273 by Klaus Veliu
Replied by Klaus Veliu on topic Inceptive Multiple Categories problem with K2 2.7.0
I understand that your team has decided to not include that feature in the core of k2,
but you should think that k2 was born from the feature that joomla lacks in managing the articles.

The K2 multi category would be a very good and useful feature even Wodpress has that by default.
If you include this in K2 v.3 that would be commercial version many people would like that.

For me its a shame that Joomla by itself does not have that.

Regarding the multi category plugin I am going to contact the developer of the plugin for this issue.

Thank you for your time

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152276 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Inceptive Multiple Categories problem with K2 2.7.0
Although we have decided against it, you are free to propose it as a K2 extension/ extrafield in the v3's repo.
github.com/getk2/k2-v3-dev-build

PS. I never user multi-categorisation in WP. It messes up canonical tags and can possibly lead to double content.
Adding custom taxonomies might be a useful enhancement request.
This might also be an interesting read for you: github.com/getk2/k2-v3-dev-build/issues/286

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 6 months ago #152300 by Joe Campbell
Replied by Joe Campbell on topic Inceptive Multiple Categories problem with K2 2.7.0
@Krikor multiple categories is a standard and widely accepted/used feature of WordPress.

I am confused as to why a CMS would limit where you can place content. Think about it, by NOT allowing multiple categories, is like saying "create amazing content, but you can only have it live in one category."

This may have been ok or even ideal back in the web 1.0 days, but now when an organization wants to dominate an industry and a piece of content can have multiple application - there is a valid need for such content to be placed in multiple categories.

Let's take a look at two SEO leaders (Moz and Yoast), go to each main blog page and you will find that most posts live in multiple categories.

My thought, if it's good enough for Moz and Yoast, then it's good enough for me :)

This is not a rant, but constructive criticism, as we all need to challenge the K2 Community from the JW developers, to third-party K2 extension developers, to site admins. There's an old saying "iron sharpens iron." So let's challenge each other respectfully in the spirit of PROGRESS :)

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152304 by Krikor Boghossian
I know a rant when I see it Joe.
I also know abuse when I see it, This is neither, this is nothing less of what I expect from a valued and active member of the community.

However I do believe this post should also be posted in Github, so there can be a discussion with the entire team.

PS. I have not forgotten about you on Twitter. We should also move the url pattern discussion on Github. I want to comment on sth and 140 characters don't really help.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 6 months ago #152305 by Joe Campbell
Replied by Joe Campbell on topic Inceptive Multiple Categories problem with K2 2.7.0
This is why @Krikor is among THE BEST Joomla! Forum Administrators :)

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152308 by Krikor Boghossian
Hehe Joe, You make me blush sometimes :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 6 months ago #152310 by Joe Campbell
You're funny @Krikor :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #152377 by Joe Campbell