Keyword

[SOLVED] Items not displaying after update to 2.7

• Timothy Michel
  • Timothy Michel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Programming is a lot of work
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #152411 by Timothy Michel
I installed K2 2.7 on our dev site running Joomla 3.5 and everything installed without a hitch. When I tried the same process on the live site also running Joomla 3.5, however, none of the articles/Items displayed, though they were still present on the from end.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that I had the Joomla installation set for English - US not English - GB and even if I try to filter for another language, K2 2.7 just re-populates the filter field with English - GB this make me think that for now K2 2.7 only supports English - GB.

If on the dev site where I successfully installed K2 2.7, I change the language to English - GB from English - US then all the Items disappear. If I change the language back to English - US in Language Manager, the Items don't show up again until I log out and log back in.

With K2 2.6.9 installed I can change the language to what ever I want the and Items remain visible.

I think the reason for this is that currently the only Joomla 3.5 language pack available in English is English - GB. If content is in anything other than English GB, I am going to have display issues. Is this correct?

Thanks, Tim
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Timothy Michel. Reason: Solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152428 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Items not displaying after update to 2.7
This is not the case, K2 fully supports Joomla!'s multilingual capabilities.
If the items are assigned to a specific language only (and not all), depending on the category and the menu item, there might be some issues.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Timothy Michel
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #152455 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic Items not displaying after update to 2.7
OK, I will play around with it and see what is causing the problem. To reduce footprint, I only installed EN-GB, EN-US and EN-AU and uninstalled all the other languages thinking to add them back as I needed them.

I also noticed that the Incentive Extra fields aren't showing up on the back end. They are still picked up on the front end, but I can no longer edit them. I notice that "Inceptive" hasn't updated their products since 2014. Should I be looking to something else for adding Second Title Line and Subtitles? I have the Second Title Line so that I can break the title on a specific word and the subtitles for the obvious reason.

I still see Inceptive Extra Fields configuration tab in the K2 parameters, they just don't show up in the editor.

Thanks, Tim
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Timothy Michel. Reason: Learned of More Information

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152466 by Krikor Boghossian
I see. It is possible that Joomla!'s content was mixed up. Since you only use English, make sure that all K2 items, have "All" in the Languages selection.

K2 has extrafields by default so for this data you do not need a 3rd party extension.

Furthermore you can render them pretty much everywhere in your template, use this code as a starting point.

github.com/kricore/Advanced-templating-with-K2/blob/master/_inc/cheatsheet.php#L104-L109

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Timothy Michel
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #152476 by Timothy Michel
Thanks Krikor. I am currently using JFBConnect as my Social Media /module/plugin and I am currently adding the JFBConnect tags to each article/item by hand; the images, title and description need to be slightly different, especially for Twitter, so I add individual tags for JFBConnect to process so that I get the best looking posts to the Social Media venues possible. I see with K2 Extra fields that I can actually create and Extra Field Group just for this purpose and wrap the contents of the field in the appropriate curly braces tag and have that inserted into the article instead, eliminating errors I would otherwise be prone to introduce through my bad typing skills. JFBConnect would then process those tags and add the metadata to the page as well as create Social Media JavaScript that conforms to the APIs.

Still have to play with the item display problem in the back end.

The problem doesn't seem to be K2 2.7, the problem seems to be connected with the Language Manager. The Language filter for Joomla Articles works fine, however, so I am not sure why the Language Filter in K2 only permits a value of English GB.

If I change the language of an item to English GB and then save it and then install K2 2.7 the item displays in item manager. That is because English GB is the only language the Language Filter permits; it is like some JavaScript looks at the Language Filter setting and if it is anything other than English GB it sets it to English GB. Sounds like I have a plugin installed that is causing this behavior.

Do you have any idea what is causing this behavior. Could you provides some ideas of what you would try if you encountered this problem on a K2 site.

On another note, the Inceptive Extra Fields plugins were interfering with the K2 Extra Fields which was the reason they weren't displaying. I disabled the Inceptive Extra Fields plugins and every thing is working like clockwork now. So all is well in this area.

Really happy that K2 2.7 finally got released. Great job, and tell Fotis great job as well, not blaming you guys, this is obviously something stupid that I did.

Look forward now to K2 3.0.

Thanks, Tim
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Timothy Michel. Reason: Summarized the problem

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152532 by Krikor Boghossian
I will :)
BTW check out the batch operations, they will really help you change the language of these items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Timothy Michel
More
8 years 6 months ago #152537 by Timothy Michel
Still have to play with the item display problem in the back end.

The problem doesn't seem to be K2 2.7, the problem seems to be connected with the Language Manager. The Language filter for Joomla Articles works fine, however, so I am not sure why the Language Filter in K2 only permits a value of English GB.

If I change the language of an item to English GB and then save it and then install K2 2.7 the item displays in item manager. That is because English GB is the only language the Language Filter permits; it is like some JavaScript looks at the Language Filter setting and if it is anything other than English GB it sets it to English GB. Sounds like I have a plugin installed that is causing this behavior.

Do you have any idea what is causing this behavior. Could you provides some ideas of what you would try if you encountered this problem on a K2 site.

Thanks, Tim

• Timothy Michel
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #152606 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic [Solved] Items not displaying after update to 2.7
OK, problem solved. Joomla released the 3.5 versions of English GB, English US, English CA, and English AU and I installed all of them and the problem with K2 2.7 not displaying items and categories went away without needing to change the language on either the items or the categories.

Everything works like clockwork now, great job to everyone at K2. This is awesome. Will have to make a donation to your effort.

Thanks, Tim
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Timothy Michel. Reason: It was solved

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #152654 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic [Solved] Items not displaying after update to 2.7
Thank you so much Timothy :)
Your words mean a lot to us.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---