Keyword

Every item alias leads to main page

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #155026 by ivan
Hi!

I think I have a problem with K2 item alias. Every time I create an item, the system force me to provide some alias, for what - I dont know. All items manually linked to the main menu, so they are accessible via custom menu aliases. Lets say I made the new K2 item "Terriers" (alias terriers-123 set at K2 Item edit page). And then added it to my menu under the "Dogs" submenu, to have a nice link mysite.com/Dogs/Terriers. The bad thing is now I have URL mysite.com/terriers-123 too, and it doesn't even lead to Terries page but to main page. Here is live example (never mind site in Russian): the K2 item placed under URL sonia-tour.ru/abkhazia/gudauta , item has internal K2 alias 'gudauta123', and link sonia-tour.ru/gudauta123 is accessible, somehow pointing to main page content (wich is totally irrelevant)

I wish to have 'gudauta123' not published for users and crawlers at all, or be at least a duplicate of related page.

If you have any idea why... or maybe how can I debug the router to find the cause, it would be really helpful. Thank you for attention.

K2 v2.6.9, no 3rd party SEF plugins
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ivan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #155059 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Every item alias leads to main page
This is strange,

By default you are thrown to either the item, or to a 404 page.

These links however while they appear the same, they do not show the same content.
sonia-tour.ru/gudauta123?template=protostar
sonia-tour.ru/?template=protostar

Which other extensions are you using?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 3 months ago #155492 by ivan
Replied by ivan on topic Every item alias leads to main page
Hi! Thanks for the answer.

I use Saffron template from ArrowThemes which is based on Warp 7 framework. And yes, sonia-tour.ru/gudauta123?template=saffron leads to different page than sonia-tour.ru/gudauta123?template=protostar. This is the great clue, thank you very much!

As for the other 3rd party plugins (which I suppose you mean by extensions), here they are:
Josetta, IceMegaMenu, RokSprocket, Kunena Forum, JSitemap

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #155494 by ivan
Can I turn off access to k2 items by alias at all? I dont need it and, moreover, it leads to duplicating site content.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ivan.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #155514 by Krikor Boghossian
That won't help (blocking access).
Does the template or the framework have any SEO functionality?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 3 months ago #155558 by ivan

Krikor wrote: Does the template or the framework have any SEO functionality?

I dont think so.
Well, it seems that I need to debug the whole routing and page building process, using internal Joomla debug tools or some 3rd party extension.

BTW, what the point of making K2 items accessible by alias? It doesn't provide any canonical url which is definitely bad for SEO purposes.
I'd like to turn it off :) without making changes in K2 core so I'd be able to upgrade

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #155566 by Krikor Boghossian
They are accessible by alias ONLY if K2's advanced SEF are enabled or if you are using a 3rd party SEO/SEF extension.

Joomla!'s and K2's routing is working as expected, so either an extension or template functionality is

A longshot would also be some weird redirect rules either in the redirect component or in the .htaccess file.

If you started your site with a quickstart package you can also ask the template's developer about this issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 3 months ago #155596 by ivan
Thank you very much.

I have now enough information to continue digging it myself.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #155601 by Krikor Boghossian
Let me know how it goes.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #159131 by ivan
Hi!
I'd like to share results of my research and debuggin.

The main page of my website was the K2 item, but the component output was (conciously) supressed (by template Warp 7 framework means) because I didn't need it that time. The K2 was used there only to provide og:title, og:description and og:image for the main page. Other page's content was generated by assigned modules. That K2 item was attached to main menu item number 404 (main page). When other K2 item alias was routed during K2 advanced SEO links generation process, it resulted with the same 'Itemid' (menu id) 404 as main page and its unique 'id' like "<this-k2-item-id>:<this-k2-item-alias>" in JInput. Since modules are loaded for certain menu item, all main page modules were loaded for sonia-tour.ru/gudauta123 and no k2 content was loaded due to the component output suppression. If I fix this 'supression' setting, I could see k2 item content along with main page modules render results. And even better, if I change main page item type from K2 to the simple Joomla! article then there is no direct access to K2 items through their alias names like sitename.ru/k2-item-alias.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by ivan.