Keyword

K2 Tools archive view display options

• jmeander
  • jmeander's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #158494 by jmeander
K2 Tools archive view display options was created by jmeander
Currently have a K2 Tools archive module that lists months of items. Reader opens a particular month of items and they're displayed with the introtext and readmore links, as configured. Is there a way for that archive listing to display the full text of those items? Seems like all I'm able to manage is introtext with or without readmore, or titles, but not full text.

Alternatively, right now when a reader opens a title.readmorelink from the abovementioned archive view of items, that item opens up with all the "chrome" we have hidden in other views - the rating, hits, social, etc. I can't find a way to hide those things in this view, and I swear I've turned them off in every possible place I can find in K2 parameters.

So we're wondering if we can get fulltext in archive (date) views OR hide all the chrome when a readmore is opened from the date view.

I'm new to K2 so I could very well be missing something. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #158505 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Tools archive view display options
Hello,

Can you send me an example of the 'normal' item and a date listing where the item is producing the wrong chrome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• jmeander
More
7 years 10 months ago #159077 by jmeander
Replied by jmeander on topic K2 Tools archive view display options
I figured out how to get what I needed for the display, thanks. Still have an issue with K2 Tools archive view, though, so rather than create a new topic I'm adding here.

K2 Tools>Archive > filtering on one category ... the itemDateCreated is displaying today's date for all items (genericView) although the items' formatted date blocks are fine (also itemDateCreated.) Drilling down to the itemView displays the true itemDateCreated for both the header and the date block.

Is this expected behavior - that the archive listing of articles would reflect the current date in the itemDateCreated position of the header? I'd rather turn off the date display in the header in that case, and just use the formatted date block.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #159121 by Krikor Boghossian
This is most likely a template issue, since I can see you are not using K2's default templates.
You need to address this issue to the template's developer.
They could be echoing PHP's date instead of the correct property.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• jmeander
More
7 years 9 months ago #159435 by jmeander
Replied by jmeander on topic K2 Tools archive view display options
You are correct, and I had the template author fix the problem. Thanks for the tip, all is well with the dates display. There's one more thing I'd like to do with the K2 Tools views (generic.php) and for that, the template author sent me back here.

For K2 Tools>Archive, I'd like the author's name to appear in the headline, so that it's Date | Published in category | By Author. At present it's just Date | Published in... I have multiple authors in a single category and want to clearly delineate who wrote what.

It appears that $author is not available to generic.php - is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks much!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #159461 by Krikor Boghossian
They were correct to do this

You 'll find this post useful..
www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/32215-solved-author-in-tag-listings?start=10#112882

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---