Keyword

I cannot alter the layout choices under a menu item

• Mike Edwards
  • Mike Edwards's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #158969 by Mike Edwards
Hi there,

I really hope someone can help me. I have a collection of items (articles) within K2. I have my main menu set up as well which has been set up using the native Joomla menu system.

If I click on a menu item on the front-end it shows me numerous items which have been assigned to the menu item using categories inside K2.

So for example, I have assigned 10 items to a category named 'cars', and have set up a menu item called 'cars'. When clicked, it uses K2 to fetch all of the items assigned to cars and display them in a blog-style layout (1 column for the first item, 2 columns after that etc.)

However, I only want the headline and a thumbnail to be shown for each item, not all of the content.

I tried to alter the way the content is laid out when clicking a menu item by doing this:

1. I went to Menus --> Main Menu in the native Joomla menu section, and then selected the menu item I wanted to edit ('cars' in this case)
2. Once inside the 'cars' menu item I clicked on the 'options' tab inside the menu item edit screen. This shows me all of the K2 options I can change such as 'leading count' etc.

However, the system will not let me edit the options shown, or won't save what I change. If I try and select the 'leading count' input field I just get a 'no access' symbol and cannot change the setting. The template is set to 'default' and there are no other options.

I just want a user to be able to click the 'cars' menu item and a list of each item is shown by headline and a thumbnail, and all 1 column wide stacked on top of each other.

If anyone can help me I would be very grateful.

Can anyone please help me. I want to set the layout so that the content is just listed a 1 column, stacked on top of each other, and I only want the names of the item t be shown when someone clicks on the navigation bar.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #158993 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic I cannot alter the layout choices under a menu item
Hello,

The options you are looking for are located in the category's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mike Edwards
  • Mike Edwards's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #159037 by Mike Edwards
Replied by Mike Edwards on topic I cannot alter the layout choices under a menu item
Hi there,
Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Could you please expand a bit more as I am not clear on how I can alter the categories? - if I go to the list of categories and then click the 'options' button top right, it just takes me to the article set-up?

I'm assuming that is not what you mean, so if you could please let me know how to reach the part I need I would be truly grateful.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #159041 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic I cannot alter the layout choices under a menu item
Hello,

These videos will help you set up K2's settings.
getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012

From getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012/860-setting-up-a-basic-blog and onwards you can see how categories are being setup.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)