Keyword

Archive Module Is Incomplete

More
7 years 9 months ago #159744 by RS N
Archive Module Is Incomplete was created by RS N
Hi, I've just noticed that when I set up archive modules, it does not show a complete list. It only seems to show a maximum of 12 months in the list and then cuts off. I can't imagine it makes sense for an archive module to....you know, not show the whole archive! Is there a limit imposed somewhere in the settings or code that needs to be changed? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #159760 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Archive Module Is Incomplete
Hello,
By default the list will cut off to twelve months, we are open to suggestions though :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #159766 by RS N
Replied by RS N on topic Archive Module Is Incomplete
I see. That makes it difficult to use though...is there a way to change that? Can I edit one of the php files to not cut it off at 12 months? The point of an archive is for people to quickly view posts from specific years / months. I'm not sure what the purpose would be for having an archive that only lists 12 months. How does it help visitors to the page if they want to see what posts were made in 2009 if the archive list only goes to 2015? It's not really practical to have it limited that way.

Is there a way for me to either show unlimited months in the archive list or, even better, just to show all of the YEARS where posts were made? That way, people viewing by date can see all of the posts from a particular year instead of clicking through month by month, and it would cut down on the number of links listed in the archive module.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by RS N.

More
7 years 9 months ago #159767 by RS N
I fixed the helper.php file to allow for a complete archive list in the module but it would be even better if I could change it to show just the years with the number of posts for that year, instead of all of the individual months. Any suggestions?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #159788 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Archive Module Is Incomplete
Actually you would have to change the helper.php file again or based on that function create a new module (which is preferable).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #159790 by RS N
I'm great with CSS/HTML and a little js, and can figure out some php things here and there but I would have no idea how to change the helper.php file to show years instead of months. I did try to make a few obvious adjustments but it didn't work at all. Do you have any idea exactly what needs to be done?

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #159792 by RS N
Or if you've seen how they have it on blogspot.com, they show years and then have a dropdown arrow for each year that expands and shows the months with posts (reeseny.blogspot.com/). I'm confused as to why this isn't the default with K2 since it's the standard method for most blogs and makes the most sense. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!