Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

add google font family

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #136690 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic add google font family
Good morning Nikos,

Since you have commented all media queries the mobile version won't load correctly because the media query is the one that sets the correct guidelines for it to do so.

You can enable only the
@media only screen and (max-width: 569px),
only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5) and (max-width : 569px),
only screen and (-o-min-device-pixel-ratio: 3/2) and (max-width : 569px),
only screen and (min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5) and (max-width : 569px) { ...
media query which is for mobile devices.

For this template, by default, we have disabled zoom in. To enable it, edit index.php file and change this meta tag
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=0, initial-scale=1.0" />

to
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />

or
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=2.0" />
if you want to limit the zoom up to a certain point. By default the zoom in is up to 5.0 and you can set it between 1.0 and 10.0.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nikos Papanikolaou
  • Nikos Papanikolaou's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #136691 by Nikos Papanikolaou
Replied by Nikos Papanikolaou on topic add google font family
thank you Yiota for your advice..

i ll sure come back with more questions.. i hope i m not getting that annoying..

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 10 months ago #136692 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic add google font family
Have you created two menus, one for each language and assigned them to the appropriate language?
Also in which language are you experiencing this issue?

PS. Also a link will be very helpfull.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Nikos Papanikolaou
  • Nikos Papanikolaou's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #136693 by Nikos Papanikolaou
Replied by Nikos Papanikolaou on topic add google font family
i ll come back with a link when there is a litle further progress..as for the menu thing, i had worked it out, that's why i had edited my answer..

i want to point sth as a refrence (provided that i used no media queries so i have desktop site view on mobile as well) i noticed that on newer webkit version of android (ics 4 + ) the menu elements would wrap if consisted of two words or more, making them looking "broken" this wasn't a case on ios and older android device 2.2 i used white-space:no-wrap

my new questions are
a) i want to implement sth like this..i guess here is where k2 kicks in..
i.imgur.com/8NdOAoB.jpg
is it possible to have a side menu with main category choice, and at the same time on top to have radio buttons that will fetch items based on specific parameters? probably i ll need to use tags in each separate item? so the filtering will be done through the tags?

b) i want to make also a timeline that will display some articles on specific time periods this one is close to what i need, www.pluginvalley.com/demos/joomla-cool-timeline-demo.html do you have alternative suggestion? preferably free?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #136694 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic add google font family
Hello Nikos,

a) You need a new position or change the floats of the sidebar and publish o mod_menu with aliases to your main menu or use a K2 Tools module (cateogory listing). As for the radio buttons I think you need to develop a custom AJAX script in order to work (in my opinion without the AJAX script there is no point in using radio buttons, you can just use the K2 Tools Tag cloud or a mod_menu pointing towards K2 Tags).

b) You don't need a extra extension for this since you already know your way around coding. I strongly suggest you create a new override for K2 content (there are several available besides the default one you can extend) and use a simple jQuery script like timeline.verite.co/

Another option you have is to use the mod_k2_content slider template you already have (eg. the slider used on the don't miss template) and use the item created date in the slider pagination.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---