Keyword

transfer cms to k2 items - image problem

• stavroch
  • stavroch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #63754 by stavroch
I have transfer the articles from one cms to k2. I have problem with the images. The cms has one field image where stored the path of each image. How can I set that images - field to k2 items?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63755 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: transfer cms to k2 items - image problem
Either point each item to its image and let k2 do its generation and placement of images as it wishes or you might try this
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/12408

• stavroch
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #63756 by stavroch
Replied by stavroch on topic Re: transfer cms to k2 items - image problem
What do you mean to point each item to its image? How can I do this?

The component that you send me is not suitable for me needs, because I have import the items (title, introtext, tags)

More
12 years 6 months ago #63757 by william white
What i mean is go thru each item and click item image, select the image file from either the server or your local machine, and let it upload and let k2 prepare its image files.

• stavroch
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #63758 by stavroch
It is not so easy that solution because I have 12.000 items

More
12 years 6 months ago #63759 by william white
This will be a chore either way you try to do it. I would suggest a custom script
put all images on local machine
dump your articles to mysql dump
split them into smaller chunks
search the body for img tags
replace the img filenames for each article
use the extention mentioned to import them
a chore either way

• stavroch
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #63760 by stavroch
You are right!!!

Thank you ;)

More
12 years 6 months ago #63761 by Aaron
I like your idea William... and I do not want to go against it.. but just want to offer a new perspective on the problem.

It sounds like you are having the same problem I had Stavros. My images would disappear for no reason and what I found was that K2 likes the media folder and Joomla likes the images folder. I reset my media manager in Joomla to pull from the media folder, moved my images to media/images (or whatever) and K2 then could see it.. and of course copy/move/rename like it likes to do. Easy to try with a couple items before you invest a lot of time in William's solution which will work but as he said a chore...

Aaron :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #63762 by Gustavo Morales
Replied by Gustavo Morales on topic Re: transfer cms to k2 items - image problem
Hello, sorry for barging into this topic but this is a serious issue nobody seems to be willing to answer. Where in the world is the list, file, doc or whatever is that K2 uses to store images locations. Not using the database to store images location (to save one puny hit, I guess) is becoming a headache for many of us out there because NOBODY wants to share whatever method is currently used.

Like many out there I've been trying to do something that is quite simple anywhere else: Installing a fresh copy of joomla pointing to a database already full of data. This is nightmarish if you have K2 installed because images are not anywhere. NOWHERE!!

You are a genius K2 creator, you are magnificient man for creating such a magical place to hide the images, but now we need it. You win, we could not find it. Now share.

And please, please, please...whoever knows, please share where the images info is! It does not matter if someone wrote a tool or not, or if it's difficult or whatever (do not repeat it, we already know), please share it. We'll know what to do with it.

Thanks.

More
12 years 4 months ago #63763 by Gustavo Morales
Replied by Gustavo Morales on topic Re: transfer cms to k2 items - image problem
I'll answer myself here for all those looking for an answer. When you move your images don't forget to move the CACHE folder because, the cache folder is no cache ! :blink:

Cache is the folder that actually holds your pictures. So instead of ignoring the cache folder as you normally do when you migrate, you need to move this folder in order to have your images in place. This folder, by the way, developers, need to to be named something sensible. Right now it could called css and would make as much sense as cache :pinch: .

SRC just holds the original images and it is irrelevant to the look of your site.