Keyword

Can't save item images - 500 Internal Server Error

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Kelsey Brookes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #66085 by Kelsey Brookes
We've been working on populating a K2-driven client site with a reasonable number of articles.

Each article has both an Item Image and a SIG Pro Gallery.

We've gotten through perhaps 30 or 40 articles with no problem - each with content, tags, item images, SIG Galleries and attachments.

Suddenly we've hit a wall where adding an item image results in a 500 Internal Server error.

It is *not* the uploading of the image that is the problem - they upload fine through the media manager. Using the "browser for image on server" button and selecting an image that way also results in the 500 error.

It's the act of *saving* an image that generates the error.

Using SIG Pro galleries or adding attachments don't generate this error.

Would really appreciate some help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #66086 by Kelsey Brookes
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Re: Can't save item images - 500 Internal Server Error
Further weirdness: in the item list in the backend, these problematic items are showing up with an icon in the 'image' column and you can click on this image and it will load the correct image.

However if you then edit the item, it does not show any image attached and it doesn't show in the frontend either. Items that saved properly previously DO show their images in the front end.

More
12 years 4 months ago #66087 by Tim Weston
I'm having similar issues although without the error message.

All was fine but now things don't seem to be working porperly.

Now when I add any media to an item (photo or video) when I click save I get taken back to the joomla admin index page and the item is not saved.

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #66088 by Kelsey Brookes
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Re: Can't save item images - 500 Internal Server Error
It's sort of quasi working if I only upload super-tiny images (below 300px X 300px). Filesize doesn't seem to matter.

But it's previously been able to upload much much larger images.

More
12 years 4 months ago #66089 by Tim Weston
After a bit of testing it seems that I can add a photo that has a maximum size of 2500px X 1667px. Any bigger and it dumps me back to the index page.

With video I'm OK at 300px wide but 480px wide has the same effect.

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #66090 by Kelsey Brookes
Lucky you! Those image sizes are huge!

I wonder if there isn't some kind of cumulative memory issue from having a truckload of very large images in the database/filesystem?

More
12 years 4 months ago #66091 by Adrian Aguilera
Replied by Adrian Aguilera on topic Re: Can't save item images - 500 Internal Server Error
I have the same issue, only uploading images for items (images for categories, videos or other media works fine)

already done this:
- check file/folder permissions. ok
- check php configuration. ok
- update k2. ok (using 2.4. update to 2.5.7)
- check k2 permissions/configuration. ok
- chech joomla permissions/configuration. ok (Joomla! v.1.7.2)
- upload files to server again.
- check DB tables for errors. ok

I'm using a site5.com shared hosting, my site works fine in the local server (MAMP), I don't know what else can I do.

Aguilera:::

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #66092 by Kelsey Brookes
Monkums, are you on site5 also? I am, Adrian is...

My error logs have been less than informative - what about yours?

The absolute weirdest thing is that I went back and deleted the seriously large files that my client had uploaded, resized them and re-uploaded them. No problems.

But the later items still generate a 500 error.

It's really, really odd and I don't know where to go to track down the problem.

More
12 years 4 months ago #66093 by Adrian Aguilera
Replied by Adrian Aguilera on topic Re: Can't save item images - 500 Internal Server Error
I'm trying to solve this with the help from site5 support staff, this is some of the information they gave me:

"I was able to reproduce it and here is what I found in server logs:
[Mon May 21 19:30:06 2012] [error] [client 5.12.33.178] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://mydomain.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&cid=25

Usually this error comes from a permission error, or due a incomplete script. I've reset all your permissions to 644 (default ones) . Please try again and let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with."

It's still not working. I also uploaded again all the files in binary mode, but nothing.
I have other sites hosted on site5 with k2 component working fine, so I'm going to migrate this site to another site5 host (same server), to see what happens. If it doesn't works I'll try with another server (outside site5).

I'll keep you informed about the results. Wish me luck.

Aguilera:::

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #66094 by Kelsey Brookes
That's the error I get also. They told me that it was usually a memory error thing - I increased the memory to no avail.

Please do let me know how you go an another server. I was considering this kind of migration also, but I don't have one easily available.