Keyword

Adding Item image fails (image prefix error?)

• ROLF ERIK PAULSEN
  • ROLF ERIK PAULSEN's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #69789 by ROLF ERIK PAULSEN
Adding Item image fails (image prefix error?) was created by ROLF ERIK PAULSEN
I try to add item image, the caption and credits are contained - but the image is not saved (no error msg as I can see). When clicking "image" in the Item, I see the caption/credit, but no Image, just the upload field + browse button once more as if no image had been uploaded. All settings worked very well running locally using xampp.

After uploading first image (after installation), the media/k2/items/cache folder is populated with 6 files (the different sizes). The names are _Generic.jpg, _L.jpg, _M.jpg etc. All these are without the prefix - leading me to believe there are some function that generates prefix that does not work?
The media/k2/items/src folder has not been generated - I do this manually (+ chmod 775) and try adding another picture (through the Item -> add Image) - but all this does is to replace the pictures under media/k2/items/cache (and nothing is put in /items/src). So again - this leads me to believe that the generate prefix function (before _Generic.jpg etc) is broken somehow....

I have also tried very small pictures (in regards to another similar error her)... to no help..

Can anybody help me with this?

My settings:
Joomla 1.5.13
k2 v2.0.0
Simple Image Gallery PRO v2.0.4
WebServer: Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) PHP/5.2.9 mod_throttle/3.1.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_psoft_traffic/0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_macro/1.1.2
GD Support: enabled (version: bundled (2.0.34 compatible) ) FreeType version: 2.3.7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #69790 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Adding Item image fails (image prefix error?)
Hi. This is weird. The prefix is generated by the id of the item so this should not be empty! Are you still getting this error?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• ROLF ERIK PAULSEN
More
15 years 1 month ago #69791 by ROLF ERIK PAULSEN
Replied by ROLF ERIK PAULSEN on topic Adding Item image fails (image prefix error?)
Hi Lefteris - thanks for your reply.
Yes, I am still experiencing this - it is very strange (and quite frustrating :). The _Generic image keeps being written over, but no prefix is added.
I see from my local installation (xampp) that the prefix is a rather long and cryptic string so I guess there is a function that generates that string on the basis of the item id (I found no connection between image and item in the database). Could it be that that function uses some kind of generator that has "special" needs for certain settings on my server (random generator, file-permission for temp storage etc)?

More
15 years 1 month ago #69792 by Lefteris
No there is no special requirements for this to work. Please check that the folders are writable and try to create a new item with an image. Please let me know if you get the same error.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• ROLF ERIK PAULSEN
More
15 years 1 month ago #69793 by ROLF ERIK PAULSEN
Replied by ROLF ERIK PAULSEN on topic Adding Item image fails (image prefix error?)
Hi,
made sure that media-folder (and alle sub-directories/folders) has permission 775.
I also did the same for the images-folder under root. (I use FileZilla to set permissions)

The result is the same - the _Generic file is overwritten with the new image, but no prefix is added and it does not show up in the image.

Thank you very much for helping me - do you have any other suggestions as to what I should try?

More
15 years 1 month ago #69794 by Lefteris
Hi again. Did you tried to create a new item? Please check that you can create a new item. The prefix is generated by the item's ID. What version of MySQL are you using?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• ROLF ERIK PAULSEN
More
15 years 1 month ago #69795 by ROLF ERIK PAULSEN
Hi Lefteris,
yes I am able to create new items - and the id for the item is created (looks correct).

Database Version: 5.0.77-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.9
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.13 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Baji ] 23-July-2009 04:00 GMT

More
15 years 1 month ago #69796 by Lefteris
Hi again. This is very weird. The routine that generates the prefix uses php's md5() function. It seems that for some reason php's md5() fails. Is it possible that this function is disabled by the server configuration? I suggest that you do some further research on this as i cannot reproduce this bug and no one else has reported something similar in the past.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
15 years 1 month ago #69797 by Dave Arnesen
Replied by Dave Arnesen on topic Adding Item image fails (image prefix error?)
I too have this problem, all folder permissions are ok, but images don't upload - the server is configured ok to use md5 - any updates on this issue?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi again. This is very weird. The routine that generates the prefix uses php's md5() function. It seems that for some reason php's md5() fails. Is it possible that this function is disabled by the server configuration? I suggest that you do some further research on this as i cannot reproduce this bug and no one else has reported something similar in the past.

More
15 years 1 month ago #69798 by Lefteris
Are you having exactly the same issue? Or your images aren't uploading at all? Did you get any files in the directory media/k2/items/cache?

Dave Arnesen said:I too have this problem, all folder permissions are ok, but images don't upload - the server is configured ok to use md5 - any updates on this issue?
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi again. This is very weird. The routine that generates the prefix uses php's md5() function. It seems that for some reason php's md5() fails. Is it possible that this function is disabled by the server configuration? I suggest that you do some further research on this as i cannot reproduce this bug and no one else has reported something similar in the past.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---