Keyword

Error on Category creation....

• Wolf Kuhlemeier
  • Wolf Kuhlemeier's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #70339 by Wolf Kuhlemeier
Error on Category creation.... was created by Wolf Kuhlemeier
I'm getting the following error when I'm working with a new upload of K2 v2.0 stable:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_ereg_replace() in /xxx/xxx/xxx/administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2category.php on line 49.

I can't seem to figure out what I'm dealing with at this point. Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
More
15 years 1 month ago #70340 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic Error on Category creation....
I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade...

I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....

So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\curry2\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46

Can we please have some guidance on what we are doing wrong please....!!!!

george

More
15 years 1 month ago #70341 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
ok, these seem to be using new functions:

mine in the code looks like:

mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8");
$this->alias = trim(mb_strtolower($this->alias));
$this->alias = str_replace('-', ' ', $this->alias);
$this->alias = mb_ereg_replace(':space:+', ' ', $this->alias);
$this->alias = trim(str_replace(' ', '-', $this->alias));
$this->alias = str_replace('.', '', $this->alias);

$stripthese = ',|~|!|@|%|^|(|)|<|>|:|;|{|}|[|]|&|`|„|‹|’|‘|“|�|•|›|«|´|»|°';
$strips = explode('|', $stripthese);
foreach ($strips as $strip) {
$this->alias = str_replace($strip, '', $this->alias);

So I need someone with mysql knowledge to tell me how I enable this - or is it something we need to enable in php

HELP PLEASE!!!

George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade...
I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....

So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\curry2\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46

george

More
15 years 1 month ago #70342 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
ok resolved now:

Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.

also www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39431 for more background.

All you need to do is go and edit your php.ini file - search for mbstring and remove the comment to enable it and resave your ini file. Go and restart Apache.

george

George Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions:
mine in the code looks like:

So I need someone with mysql knowledge to tell me how I enable this - or is it something we need to enable in php

HELP PLEASE!!!

George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade... I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....

george

• Wolf Kuhlemeier
  • Wolf Kuhlemeier's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #70343 by Wolf Kuhlemeier
Replied by Wolf Kuhlemeier on topic Error on Category creation....
Thanks George...We'll try to get something done on this. Has it solved your problems?

Wolf

George Szubinski said:ok resolved now:
Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.

All you need to do is go and edit your php.ini file - search for mbstring and remove the comment to enable it and resave your ini file. Go and restart Apache.

george

George Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions: mine in the code looks like:

HELP PLEASE!!!

George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade... I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....

george

More
15 years 1 month ago #70344 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Yes, its all pretty good so far.

A little bit scary for the uninitiated..... looks like there must have been a design decision to reduce problems with string handling to use the mbstring functions... would have been nice to make a note of those and include it in the comms.... but I know how these things work, there has been a huge amount of work on this release and this bit has been missed...

Hope folk pick it up here.

If anyone is tracking this from K2 - it would be good to begin a different Topic with known 'bugs' and solutions????

thanks

george

Wolf Kuhlemeier said:Thanks George...We'll try to get something done on this. Has it solved your problems?
Wolf

George Szubinski said:ok resolved now: Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.

george

George Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions: mine in the code looks like:

HELP PLEASE!!!

George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade... I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish.... So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.

george

More
15 years 1 month ago #70345 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Aleksander

Aleksandr said:Which line in php.ini file remove the comment for mbstring?
George Szubinski said:ok resolved now: Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.

george

More
15 years 1 month ago #70346 by giggles
Replied by giggles on topic Error on Category creation....
I also am receiving the same problem.

More
15 years 1 month ago #70347 by Dani Carull
Replied by Dani Carull on topic Error on Category creation....
Hi!

I'm getting the same error, but i don't have access to the php.ini file because my hosting service don't have de option.
Is there another way to solve this problem? modifying something in K2 files?

congratulations for this extension! I hope you could help us with this!

thks!

George Szubinski said:ok resolved now:Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.also www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39431 for more background.All you need to do is go and edit your php.ini file - search for mbstring and remove the comment to enable it and resave your ini file. Go and restart Apache.georgeGeorge Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions:mine in the code looks like:mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8");$this->alias = trim(mb_strtolower($this->alias));$this->alias = str_replace('-', ' ', $this->alias);$this->alias = mb_ereg_replace(':space:+', ' ', $this->alias);$this->alias = trim(str_replace(' ', '-', $this->alias));$this->alias = str_replace('.', '', $this->alias);$stripthese = ',|~|!|@|%|^|(|)|<|>|:|;|{|}|[|]|&|`|„|‹|’|‘|“|�|•|›|«|´|»|°';$strips = explode('|', $stripthese);foreach ($strips as $strip) {$this->alias = str_replace($strip, '', $this->alias);So I need someone with mysql knowledge to tell me how I enable this - or is it something we need to enable in phpHELP PLEASE!!!George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade...I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\curry2\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46Can we please have some guidance on what we are doing wrong please....!!!!george

More
15 years 1 month ago #70348 by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
Dani
I forgot - I am doing all this locally on my dev box until I deploy but it does raise a good point about deployment:

You just need to contact the hosting company support and ask them to enable access to the dll exactly as I have described - it should not pose any problems to other customers at all.

george

Dani Carull said:Hi!
I'm getting the same error, but i don't have access to the php.ini file because my hosting service don't have de option.
Is there another way to solve this problem? modifying something in K2 files?

congratulations for this extension! I hope you could help us with this!

thks!

George Szubinski said:ok resolved now:Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.also www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39431 for more background.All you need to do is go and edit your php.ini file - search for mbstring and remove the comment to enable it and resave your ini file. Go and restart Apache.georgeGeorge Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions:mine in the code looks like:mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8");$this->alias = trim(mb_strtolower($this->alias));$this->alias = str_replace('-', ' ', $this->alias);$this->alias = mb_ereg_replace(':space:+', ' ', $this->alias);$this->alias = trim(str_replace(' ', '-', $this->alias));$this->alias = str_replace('.', '', $this->alias);$stripthese = ',|~|!|@|%|^|(|)|<|>|:|;|{|}|[|]|&|`|„|‹|’|‘|“|�|•|›|«|´|»|°';$strips = explode('|', $stripthese);foreach ($strips as $strip) {$this->alias = str_replace($strip, '', $this->alias);So I need someone with mysql knowledge to tell me how I enable this - or is it something we need to enable in phpHELP PLEASE!!!George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade...I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\curry2\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46Can we please have some guidance on what we are doing wrong please....!!!!george