Keyword

Upgrade problems Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() ... administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2category.php on line 46

More
14 years 4 months ago #71233 by Chad Foreman
Thanks Kaleb for the response.

I changed the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess in order to get my search engine friendly URLs in place. Thanks for the tip on the two lines to add. I never would have figured that out. I take it you just added them at the end of the file or did they need to go someplace specific?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #71234 by Kaleb Camacho
yeah. I added them to the end of file where there were no comment marks (#), but you technically you can add them anywhere in the file so long as it's not commented out. It make 20 - 30 mins to see the change. I saw mine pretty much immediately but I remember changing the htaccess file once and having to wait a little while before seeing the change.

Chad Foreman said:Thanks Kaleb for the response.
I changed the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess in order to get my search engine friendly URLs in place. Thanks for the tip on the two lines to add. I never would have figured that out. I take it you just added them at the end of the file or did they need to go someplace specific?

More
14 years 3 months ago #71235 by Chad Foreman
Kaleb, it worked! It worked immediately (except that it took me a couple months to get around to it :) )

Thank you.

Kaleb Camacho said:yeah. I added them to the end of file where there were no comment marks (#), but you technically you can add them anywhere in the file so long as it's not commented out. It make 20 - 30 mins to see the change. I saw mine pretty much immediately but I remember changing the htaccess file once and having to wait a little while before seeing the change.
Chad Foreman said:Thanks Kaleb for the response. I changed the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess in order to get my search engine friendly URLs in place. Thanks for the tip on the two lines to add. I never would have figured that out. I take it you just added them at the end of the file or did they need to go someplace specific?

More
14 years 1 month ago #71236 by Frances Munoz
Ok I upgraded my server to support multiple phps like you said and it didn't do nothing. I still get the error. Can someone help? When I edit the htaccess file to add the the 2 lines of code my whole site goes down and he administrator panel doesn't work.

Please help!

More
14 years 1 month ago #71237 by william white
If you have the admin panel working go to Components - K2 and click the information tab. Be sure its not on your server before editing htaccess.
Go into K2 paramaters and dont change anything, just click save then x, Sometimes depending on the version that will fix some errors.

Frances Munoz said:Ok I upgraded my server to support multiple phps like you said and it didn't do nothing. I still get the error. Can someone help? When I edit the htaccess file to add the the 2 lines of code my whole site goes down and he administrator panel doesn't work.
Please help!

More
14 years 1 month ago #71238 by Frances Munoz
Ok sorry am a little confused, bear with me. Got my admin back up and k2 is installed. So go to components, then info. Be sure what's not on my server, the htaccess file? And I guess this means I still need to add those pieces of code? Here is my information tab. Not sure what I'm looking for.
Thanks for your help. I have installed and unstalled this site like 5 times already. Just ready to get this fixed. Thanks again!

William White said:If you have the admin panel working go to Components - K2 and click the information tab. Be sure its not on your server before editing htaccess. Go into K2 paramaters and dont change anything, just click save then x, Sometimes depending on the version that will fix some errors.

Frances Munoz said:Ok I upgraded my server to support multiple phps like you said and it didn't do nothing. I still get the error. Can someone help? When I edit the htaccess file to add the the 2 lines of code my whole site goes down and he administrator panel doesn't work. Please help!
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #71239 by william white
your info says multibite is enabled...leave the htaccess along for a bit and come back to it if you have to.
go to Components - K2 - at the top right click paramaters, then click save, then click x
see if it works now
wjwjr

Frances Munoz said:Ok sorry am a little confused, bear with me. Got my admin back up and k2 is installed. So go to components, then info. Be sure what's not on my server, the htaccess file? And I guess this means I still need to add those pieces of code? Here is my information tab. Not sure what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help. I have installed and unstalled this site like 5 times already. Just ready to get this fixed. Thanks again!

William White said:If you have the admin panel working go to Components - K2 and click the information tab. Be sure its not on your server before editing htaccess. Go into K2 paramaters and dont change anything, just click save then x, Sometimes depending on the version that will fix some errors.
Frances Munoz said:Ok I upgraded my server to support multiple phps like you said and it didn't do nothing. I still get the error. Can someone help? When I edit the htaccess file to add the the 2 lines of code my whole site goes down and he administrator panel doesn't work. Please help!

More
14 years 1 month ago #71240 by Frances Munoz
Nope. I went in hit paraments hit save, then x, logged out and back in. Nothing changed.

William White said:your info says multibite is enabled...leave the htaccess along for a bit and come back to it if you have to. go to Components - K2 - at the top right click paramaters, then click save, then click x
see if it works now
wjwjr

Frances Munoz said:Ok sorry am a little confused, bear with me. Got my admin back up and k2 is installed. So go to components, then info. Be sure what's not on my server, the htaccess file? And I guess this means I still need to add those pieces of code? Here is my information tab. Not sure what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help. I have installed and unstalled this site like 5 times already. Just ready to get this fixed. Thanks again!
William White said:If you have the admin panel working go to Components - K2 and click the information tab. Be sure its not on your server before editing htaccess. Go into K2 paramaters and dont change anything, just click save then x, Sometimes depending on the version that will fix some errors. Frances Munoz said:Ok I upgraded my server to support multiple phps like you said and it didn't do nothing. I still get the error. Can someone help? When I edit the htaccess file to add the the 2 lines of code my whole site goes down and he administrator panel doesn't work. Please help!

More
14 years 1 month ago #71241 by william white
Since the png file you sent reports mb enclding enabled, i suspect there is another problem
see my pm

Frances Munoz said:Nope. I went in hit paraments hit save, then x, logged out and back in. Nothing changed.
William White said:your info says multibite is enabled...leave the htaccess along for a bit and come back to it if you have to. go to Components - K2 - at the top right click paramaters, then click save, then click x see if it works now
wjwjr

Frances Munoz said:Ok sorry am a little confused, bear with me. Got my admin back up and k2 is installed. So go to components, then info. Be sure what's not on my server, the htaccess file? And I guess this means I still need to add those pieces of code? Here is my information tab. Not sure what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help. I have installed and unstalled this site like 5 times already. Just ready to get this fixed. Thanks again! William White said:If you have the admin panel working go to Components - K2 and click the information tab. Be sure its not on your server before editing htaccess. Go into K2 paramaters and dont change anything, just click save then x, Sometimes depending on the version that will fix some errors. Frances Munoz said:Ok I upgraded my server to support multiple phps like you said and it didn't do nothing. I still get the error. Can someone help? When I edit the htaccess file to add the the 2 lines of code my whole site goes down and he administrator panel doesn't work. Please help!