Keyword

Increase max file upload size

More
14 years 2 months ago #71467 by that library
Replied by that library on topic Increase max file upload size
I have increased the max_upload_size and memory_limit AND renamed php.ini to php5.ini and I STILL see within the admin when making a new K2 entry "Max upload size 400M" even though I put a much higher file size limit in the php.ini (now php5.ini) file.

Why does K2 not recognize this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #71468 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic Increase max file upload size
Joomla lets you impose an artificial limit to the upload size that works independently of the php settings. Which is to say that:

K2 has to work within the php settings, so all joomla can do is limit the size of an upload to be less than what php would otherwise allow. The way it does this is brain dead and quite annoying -- it waits until the entire upload is complete and then disallows it at the last instance after the entire file has been sent.

Truthfully, this is one of the weaknesses of php's underlying functions, the way HTTP posts work, and the way media manager works in joomla. Media manager is one of joomla's weaknesses and could really use an extensive overhaul.

FTP as an alternative has the issues of lack of integration, where people can easily misplace an asset, and can also require that you 777 all your directories, opening up security holes on shared hosts (although most shared hosts now utilize fastcgi to mitigate these issues and run apache as the user).

Another alternative was the flash upload module, but unfortunately recent changes to flash5 have rendered most of those widgets broken, since adobe has made it so that flash can no longer have its local file manager opened through a javascript event.

There will never be a browser based solution that works for all people on all hosts with all configurations, and joomla has taken the same approach that many projects have taken, and provided a simple lowest common denominator solution.

Carolyn Harris said:I have increased the max_upload_size and memory_limit AND renamed php.ini to php5.ini and I STILL see within the admin when making a new K2 entry "Max upload size 400M" even though I put a much higher file size limit in the php.ini (now php5.ini) file.
Why does K2 not recognize this?

More
13 years 11 months ago #71469 by Wafa Jafar
Replied by Wafa Jafar on topic Increase max file upload size
Hi

I am facing the same problem, I just read this post tried everything written here. in the media manager the limit increased to 100MB but the file is taking time to upload, in k2 the limit is not increasing, it is still 10MB, so there must be something that should be done in the k2. nothing to do with joomla or our server.

So any suggestions please?

More
13 years 7 months ago #71470 by Mahmut Arslan
Replied by Mahmut Arslan on topic Increase max file upload size
Depending on your webhost (if they're running suexec) you can create your own php.ini file in your root home directory. See the below example:

upload_max_filesize = 50M ;post_max_size = 60M ;

You can change it to a value higher than 10M but you may want to find out what the max upload is from your webhost.Also, post_max_size, needs to be higher than upload_max_filesize.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1421032

adublin

More
13 years 1 month ago #71471 by Manos Krokos
Replied by Manos Krokos on topic Increase max file upload size
I just made another copy of the php.ini file in administrator directory and voila!

So size has increased for both joomla media editor AND K2