Keyword

Hide extra field if value is empty

More
13 years 8 months ago #71744 by Next Wave, Inc.
Replied by Next Wave, Inc. on topic Hide extra field if value is empty
Could someone please re-aggregate the status and implementation of this hack for K2 2.4.1, because the last version reference I see is Olivier's mention of 2.3.

I am also looking to confirm the location of the files to be edited, specifically in a Joomlart template.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #71745 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Hide extra field if value is empty
You should edit the file that you are showing the extra fields with, usually either category_item.php or item.php.

You an edit them directly in the k2 core (you should find them in components/com_k2/templates/default

a Better way would be to first check to see if your template is overriding k2 templates from the start. Look in Your Site Root/Templates/Your template Name/html/com_k2/templates to see if there is anything there. If they are there edit the files there or create a new k2 template and use it. See here for more info about templating

Ken Lyle said:

Could someone please re-aggregate the status and implementation of this hack for K2 2.4.1, because the last version reference I see is Olivier's mention of 2.3.

I am also looking to confirm the location of the files to be edited, specifically in a Joomlart template.

Thanks!

More
13 years 8 months ago #71746 by Next Wave, Inc.
Thanks, William.  Your tip helped me find the files.  In Joomlart templates, the overrides are at /templates/ja_portfolio/html/com_k2/templates/ja_portfolio/

More
13 years 8 months ago #71747 by Next Wave, Inc.
Please ignore that.  Editing the files in ja_portfolio did me no good- templates/ja_portfolio/html/com_k2/templates/default/ was the place.

Attached is the patch, including the test mentioned on page 3 of this thread, for suppressing empty textarea fields as well.

Thanks and credit to everyone who contributed.
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #71748 by pihasurfer
Replied by pihasurfer on topic Hide extra field if value is empty
hi steve, did you manage to get the hack working with the k2tabber plugin? i have exactly the same problem. thanksSteve said:
I'm trying to get this work with the K2tabber plugin and I'm having some trouble. Any idea how to incorporate the hack from the previous page into this code?

<!-- ExtraField "Tabbed" by K2Tabber -->            <?php if($this->item->params->get('itemExtraFields') && count($this->item->extra_fields)): ?>            <!-- Item extra fields -->              <br />                        <div id="ExtraFields">                <h3><?php echo JText::_('Additional Info'); ?></h3>                <!-- Tabs start here -->                <div class="simpleTabs">                    <!-- Tabs Menu -->                    <ul class="simpleTabsNavigation">                        <?php foreach ($this->item->extra_fields as $key=>$extraField):?>                        <li id="<?php echo $extraField->name; ?>"><a href="javascript: void();"><?php echo $extraField->name; ?></a></li>                        <?php endforeach; ?>                    </ul>                    <!-- Tabs Content -->                    <?php foreach ($this->item->extra_fields as $key=>$extraField):?>                    <!-- Tab -->                    <div class="simpleTabsContent"><?php echo $extraField->value; ?></div>                    <?php endforeach; ?>                </div>                <!-- Tabs end here -->            </div>            <?php endif; ?>

More
13 years 6 months ago #71749 by Russell English
Replied by Russell English on topic Hide extra field if value is empty
Absolutely brilliant, thank you very much!!

More
13 years 6 months ago #71750 by dompl
Replied by dompl on topic Hide extra field if value is empty
Here is a solution that someone posted already on forum. Enjoy!on your item.php k2 template file.               <h3><?php echo JText::_('Additional Info'); ?></h3>               <ul>                       <?php foreach ($this->item->extra_fields as $key=>$extraField):?>                       <?php                       $emptyValue = false;                       switch ($extraField->type) {                               case "textfield":                               case "textarea":                                       if ($extraField->value =="") $emptyValue = true;                               break;                               case "link":                                       if (strpos($extraField->value,"\"http://\"")) $emptyValue = true;                               break;                               case "radio":                               break;                               case "multipleSelect":                                       // Test already done by K2. If value is empty, this type of field does not appear.                               break;                               case "select":                                       // This type of field can't have an empty value (first item select by default)                               break;                       }                       ?>                       <?php if (!$emptyValue): ?>                       <li class="<?php echo ($key%2) ? "odd" : "even"; ?> type<?php echo ucfirst($extraField->type); ?> group<?php echo $extraField->group; ?>">                               <span class="itemExtraFieldsLabel"><?php echo $extraField->name; ?>:</span>                               <span class="itemExtraFieldsValue"><?php echo $extraField->value; ?></span>                               <br class="clr" />                       </li>                       <?php endif; ?>                       <?php endforeach; ?>                       </ul>           <div class="clr"></div>         </div>

More
13 years 5 months ago #71751 by Peter Monti
Replied by Peter Monti on topic Hide extra field if value is empty
is there a way to just make each extra field its own icon? rather than having the word then the link you  just have an icon to represnt the field???? i cant seem to style each field....... please help!

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #71752 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic Hide extra field if value is empty
would require some code modding.

More
13 years 5 months ago #71753 by Peter Monti
Replied by Peter Monti on topic Hide extra field if value is empty
i have like 6 fields and i need them just to show up when the field is filled in so this post resovled that....can this be done with css styling or both the styling as well as editing the item.php? I havent found anything regarding styling each field.....